Show
Photo

How Can I Tell If Have A Dpf Fitted To My Focus?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 Karlos

Karlos

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus Titanium 2.0 TDCi - Remapped

Posted 16 August 2011 - 01:05 PM

So in summary then, it's as clear as mud! Lol!

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#32 Parf

Parf

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Name: Mark
  • Ford Model: Focus II 2.0 TDCi
  • Year: 2007

Posted 16 August 2011 - 04:03 PM

You got it.

Ive been reading every forum there is trying to see if i have one. I have a DTUK tuning box and they recommended not going over setting 9 if you have a DPF in case of damage so I wanted to know for sure before i cranked it up. As i dont have an additive one i decided to put it on setting B now and hopefully it will be ok.

Take it to a Ford dealer is the only way your going to know for sure, they can tell you which one you have then, if any, as Ford fitted both types to the Focus. Have an MOT or tyres fitted with them and use the line "while its up in the air can you have a look if i have a DPF". Worked for me.

#33 Karlos

Karlos

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus Titanium 2.0 TDCi - Remapped

Posted 16 August 2011 - 04:11 PM

Like I've probably said before, with the amount of smoke that comes from my exhaust when pressing on, I don't think there's any way I've got a DPF fitted to mine!

#34 Fire26662

Fire26662

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Name: Fire
  • Ford Model: Focus
  • Year: 2005

Posted 16 August 2011 - 04:30 PM

I have a 2.0 TDCi 2007 and i also have a 7 but i have a DPF fitted. My DPF is next to the cat at the front of the car so it doesnt require an additive as it gets hot enough to burn it off.

A fitter at Ford said first i dont have one as he checked the space at the rear where it should be, he then took the undertray off and said i do have one but there are no pipes going into it so it doesnt need an additive.

There appears to be a lot of different kinds of DPF's so if you want to know for sure best to take it to a Ford dealer to have a look.

Not great news for me but better than some as at least i dont have to keep filling up the additive at 200 a go. The fitter said they normally clog up around 80k - 90k but ive only done 30k.

Uhm I have a 1.6 109bhp I have a catalytic converter AND a DPF combined, The Ford fitter may not have a clue, because the ELOYS tank is actually above the diesel tank, also the ELOYS fluid is NOT pumped into the DPF, it bleeds into the main diesel tank everytime you put fuel in.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users