Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Streetka Luxury 54 plate Overheating

hammysandwich

My streetka started overheating on the way home from the gym last night :angry:

I topped up with coolant and water combo but its still happening. The fan is working overtime and its doing my head in!

Does anyone know what it could be (I'm thinking possibly thermostat) and how I can fix it? - simple terms please I am a girl who does not really have much of a clue! :blink:

Thanks

could be the thermostat or your water pump not working

• 5 weeks later...

Hi

Did you get this sorted. My Streetka 04 plate is doing the same... I was intially told it was a leaking radiator cap. But the problems of overheating continued now i am told now i need a new thermostat and water pump - bur ford are saying there many more proplems.

How did you get on?

• 2 years later...

Hi

Did you get this sorted. My Streetka 04 plate is doing the same... I was intially told it was a leaking radiator cap. But the problems of overheating continued now i am told now i need a new thermostat and water pump - bur ford are saying there many more proplems.

How did you get on?

yep I am in the same boat! and i think it is the water pump or belt that drives it as there is a squeaking coming from that area and im not losing any coolant. also an AA guy tested the expansion tank lid and head gasket and said they are fine.

is the water pump/belt gonna be a costly job???

cheers,

DEL

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club