Help Needed Installing Wing Mirror

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 manhattan24

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus

Posted 14 February 2011 - 05:38 PM

I recently bought a replacement driver side wing mirror for my Focus MK1, however I am having a problem with installing it.

The issue is with the cable that connects to the mirror itself, it seems to be connected to the inside of the door so I cannot get to it to disconnect it and reconnect the new mirror.

Will I have to take the whole door panel off or is there a simpler way to do it. Also is it advisable to disconnect the car battery before unplugging the cable?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 H3lly

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts
  • Name: k
  • Ford Model: Mk1 Focus
  • Year: 2003

Posted 15 February 2011 - 01:40 AM

There's a plastic surround that unclips (3 clips)that allows access to the cable. Undo the mirror adjuster first, I think it twists anticlockwise There's no need for removing door cards etc.

#3 manhattan24

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:20 PM

Thank you for the reply.

When you said that there's a surround that comes off did you mean the section with the electric window buttons on?

#4 andyg56

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Ford Model: focus

Posted 20 February 2011 - 11:47 PM

Just changed mine this afternoon. No problems, but I did have to take the door card off. couldn't see a way of doing it with the card in place. Still, only a few screws!

#5 Mooresey

Settling In Well

• PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus TDCI

Posted 21 February 2011 - 08:43 AM

Just take the corner plastic window panel off its just clipped on and all the connectors and wires are located there. Don't drop the rubber seal down the inside of the door!!!

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users