Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Squeaks And Knocks

BIGGSY

I have a 59 Plate Ford Focus Zetec 1.8ltr Petrol.

On start up from cold there is a Squeaky tick coming from the drive Belt area of the engine. This goes away when the engine gets hot.

Also,when the car is started and I drive off, as i move to second gear there is clunk sound (sounds like the Air conditioning compressor turning off but air con is not on at time). This only happens when the car is started, doesnt happen at any other time, only when the engine is turned off and restarted.

Thanks

Biggsy

Hi Biggsy,

I have the same car and have a similar issue to yourself. I have posted about it in this thread which although hasn't come to a conclusion, may be of some interest: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=18840

Alex.

Hey Alex,

thanks for the reply,

I have my car booked in at my local dealer on thursday i will et you know what the outcome is

and nice car by the way

cheers BIGGSY

Hey Alex,

I have just got my car back form the garage, they were investigating the noise under the bonnet when cold. It turns out that the drive belt needed replacing and since they have replaced the belt, there is no more noise.

as for the clunk it is totally normal, apparently the ABS performs a test on engine start and that’s what the clunk is as i shift to second gear or reach 12mph

hope this information helps you out

Chris

Hey Alex,

I have just got my car back form the garage, they were investigating the noise under the bonnet when cold. It turns out that the drive belt needed replacing and since they have replaced the belt, there is no more noise.

as for the clunk it is totally normal, apparently the ABS performs a test on engine start and that’s what the clunk is as i shift to second gear or reach 12mph

hope this information helps you out

Chris

Hi Biggsy,

Glad to hear you've sorted the problem and thanks for letting us know. Might take my car to the local Ford dealer armed with this knowledge.

Thanks again,

Alex.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club