Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sportka Se Mpg

btmaldon

Has anybody got a view on how many miles per gallon we should be getting out of our 53 plate SportKA SE?

With a mixture of A and B road driving the car was initially giving us around 28 mpg. This has improved since I serviced it to around 31 mpg.

Thing is I average 37 mpg in my Focus Estate which does around 41 mpg on a run.

I don't do a great many miles, but on my trips to and from work, which are 16 miles there and back again on B roads at 60 mph or less, then I'll get around 30 to the gallon (or about 240ish miles to a tankful). On the occasional long runs, this can stretch to 35 mpg.

It's not good for such a small engine in such a small car.

Nick

• 2 months later...

My Sportka was returning around 29 mpg mainly B-road driving. This calculation was based on actual consumption (using the same garage, same pump etc) The strange thing is that no matter how it was driven it always seemed to be near enough the same. only increasing (slightly) when driven on the motorway.

I have now sold the Sportka and bought a Streetka. The Streetka is returning almost identical figures despite being a whole lot heavier.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club