Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New S1600 134

withaplomb

Higher rev limiter (what is it on the zs anyway?) perhaps? Isn't that how mountune knock 2 seconds off by letting you hit 60 in 2nd? That said I'm sure I've done 60 in 2nd...

Tested it today and my Zetec S does 60 in 2nd before the rev limiter kicks in around 6600 rpm I think.

Has anyone clocked the 0-60 on their ZS? I wouldn't be surprised if the stock car did 60 a bit quicker than the quoted 9.9.

I had mine at 9.6 and that was with the climate and all the auxiliaries on.

Oh, and it was an indicated 60 on the speedo.

yeah its plenty quicker than 9.9, ive got a cam in the car il do it some time when it drys up and post it. Got the time stmape etc on it so will be able to see for sure.

Jay

I find in first I can run out of revs, it tops out, but don't accelerate that quick that often!

Wasn't timing it today, but got to 60 in 2nd. Surprising how the power suddenly drops at 6500ish rpm!

well the redline for mine is just under 6600 so your prob's hitting your soft rev limiter its not the power dropping off, just the car preventing it. The fiestas dont have a "bouncy" redline just plain stops the revs where they are.

Jay

Yeah the car does feel a bit quicker than it actually is - surprising seeing as it's geared so low.

I don't get how the previous generation mk6 1.6 Zetec S has 99bhp, apparently weighs more but somehow has exactly the same 0-60 as the mk7.

!Removed! work computers hate this site anytime I try to post it fails and I have to rewrite it!

anyway,

Mates got a mk6 ZS and the long and short of it is mine was quicker when they were standard and its quicker still now that mine is tuned. after 1st gear mine just pulls further ahead.

mk7's quicker than 9.9 for sure. Ford fudge the figures to keep insurance co's happy. they do them with 2 adults and full tank as well as luggage for the passenger/driver.

Jay

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club