Join Premium & Save
    • 1000's Of Fords For Sale
      1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience
    • Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

darkcloud154

Ford Mondeo 2006 Intermittant creeking noise from Engine

4 posts in this topic

Hi all.

Some of you may have come across this, others not, and it might be quite hard to explain unless you have heard the car, but here goes.

I have a 2006 Mondeo (facelifted, before new model) on a 06. I bought it June 07 and have had no issues with it. But recently the car engine has started making a funny "creeking/whirring" noises again as you rev the car. I was concerned at the first time this happened, but after a while the noise disappeared and i was happy.

But for some reason it has now come back. It is very obvious and still remains at high revs, and now recently stops below 1000 rpm. I thought it might be to do with the engine not being warm, but i can't see that being a reason.

I'm not too worried at the moment as i still have my 3 yr warranty by Ford until apr 09, but wanted to know if anyone had come across it before?

it could be the bottom pully on the aux belt as these are known to be a weak point, gat your dealer to check it out.

Sounds like a reasonable explanation actually, so thanks.

I assume with these things its best to get it checked ASAP before it does any real damage? I'm hoping to get it checked on Sat

Also is this covered in the 3yr warranty Ford give from new / or will i have to forlk out for the labour & part?

it should be covered as ford know about this problem