Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dash Storage

Leemaxd

Does anyone know where I can buy a dashboard storage compartment like the titanium models have, I have a 09 focus zetec s and want to fit one in.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Does anyone know where I can buy a dashboard storage compartment like the titanium models have, I have a 09 focus zetec s and want to fit one in.

Thanks.

If you're talking about the one in the top of the dash that pops open, I'd say you'd need a new dash for that.

Yea thanks for the reply had a nose in a focus the other day with one and yea I thought it was just a little compartment but by the looks of it it is part of a whole system that goes right over the steering wheel.

Unfortunately yes, and they cant really be retro fitted. buying one can be cheap enough, replacing it can be a pain in the ace!

• 2 months later...

yes it can be retro fit, but it involves you cutting the dash board. If you take the speedo clocks out you can see markings that you have to take to cut the dash.

There is a full guide to it on ffoc

6e3c7f66.jpg

3cc70c00.jpg

• Like 1

This is my car and that's my brother who is helping me fit it, there is a good guide that I went by to do it, it's not impossible at all it's just a bit tricky.

• Like 1

Crikey - isn't that hole where the passenger airbag normally goes ?!

It was on my Mk1 - where is it on newer models ? Can't see much space between top of dash, vents and glovebox.

• Like 1

This is the mk2 dash there is a bowl you can cut out to fit it, the airbag is next to it.

• Like 1

Think I will stick to a carrier bag in the boot. :lol:

• Like 1

This is the mk2 dash there is a bowl you can cut out to fit it, the airbag is next to it.

sorry pal, dont want you to think i was taking your glory or anything, just wanted to show that it could be done how you had done it.

Crikey - isn't that hole where the passenger airbag normally goes ?!

It was on my Mk1 - where is it on newer models ? Can't see much space between top of dash, vents and glovebox.

your mk1 must have been LHD drive then :huh:

No worries mark207, hope it helps other people if they wanna do it that's why I have put the pics up.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

No worries mark207, hope it helps other people if they wanna do it that's why I have put the pics up.

Ideal For retro fitting the ST Gauges B)

yes it can be retro fit, but it involves you cutting the dash board. If you take the speedo clocks out you can see markings that you have to take to cut the dash.

There is a full guide to it on ffoc

6e3c7f66.jpg

3cc70c00.jpg

anyone has a direct link for that guide?

cheers!

• Like 1

Top Quality Modification and Guide, it’s brilliant that the holes needing to be drilled and cut out are already marked out under the dash

I’ll need a couple of pairs of underpants to change over every time I take a piece out of the dash

It’s a big step to take in modifications but most defiantly worth it,

I’ll have to get going on this soon, all eyes on e-bay for the ST or RS dash Piece B)

A+

Clocks look great , sadly no turbo on mine or i would fit the clocks.

As for the Dash storage , i have to say i have never ever put anything in there.If i did not have it i would not fit one IMHO , the lid is very flimsy and as its on the top summer days makes it not an ideal place to store alot of things because of the heat.

• Like 1

I will keep my supply of tissues and polo mints in there (damn now everyone knows about my mint addiction) :ph34r:

Maybe my phone charger

Jamie :-)

• Like 1

Cheers all, yea it takes a bit of guts to do but once you get stuck into it and make sure you keep within the bowl you can't go wrong really.

• Like 1

:D

Cheers all, yea it takes a bit of guts to do but once you get stuck into it and make sure you keep within the bowl you can't go wrong really.

What did you use to cut it?

and how did yo get the gauges to fit in the slot without a hole being left in the centre from the original middle gauge.

sorry for all the questions,

just very interested in this mod B)

I used a sharp Stanley knife to first cut out the foam on top then underneath the foam is a hard plastic, I used a junior hacksaw blade to saw the plastic ( this was the best way to just gently do it and keep within the bowl).

The holes above the original clocks are the trickiest, I used a angle drill to drill upwards to get the holes as spot on as I could, again it doesn't matter much because the plastic on the unit covers up any mess.

The dials were super tricky, I removed the original three

dials completely and was left with an empty pod, brought two 52mm dials and had a housing to house them, unfortunately I didn't take any pics as I was doing them should of the amount of people that are asking me how I done it)

Hope this helps a bit.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club