Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Double Locking / Deadlocks On Fiesta Mk7

Jeff McCrory

I have just got a new Fiesta Mk7 Zetec, very pleased with it. However I am wondering if it does actually have deadlocks.

With my Puma and my Mini Cooper the deadlocks meant that you couldn't open the door without the key to unlock. So for instance if a car thief put a brick thru ur window they still couldnt open the door.

In the puma if you double clicked the remote key lock button whilst sitting in the car the door handles moved in, the indicators flashed twice and true enough you couldnt open the doors.

In the new Fiesta thou if I open the door, then close it whilst still sitting in the driver seat, then double click the remote key lock button then press the unlock button on the dash it unlocks the car! Hardly effective deadlocks! If someone breaks the window and leans in and presses that button then it unlocks the whole car! Anyone else try this?!

Hi

From my experiance if you wait one to two minutes it will deadlock.

It could be because the immobilisor says hey hang on a minute the correct keycode is sitting in the car ????

They are deadlocks try my idea

Jamie

Yeah I think thats because the key is in the car. the car wont lock itself if the keys are left in it(the boots another matter!) but if you take the keys a distance away it will auto lock after X amount of time.

I think the same applies here, Ive locked people in my car before(not maliciousy!) and they have tried pressing the button but it doesnt work.

Jay

Tested my deadlocks some time ago - all you need to do is open the driver's (or front passenger's) window then remove the keys, get out of the car, close the door & press the "lock" button on the key fob twice. Indicators flash to confirm deadlocks active.

If you then lean in through the open window & press the dash button you should find (as I did) that the car won't unlock hence deadlocks functioning correctly.

On my last car it wasn't possible to deadlock with the key in the ignition - this is a safety feature (deadlock doors - drive off - have accident - people then can't open the doors to assist even if they smash a window..)

• 6 years later...

Please I need your support to activate doors deadlock on my fiesta 2013. I was a victim of theft twice a year. After broking the window it's possible to unlock all the doors by only opening the driver door from interior. This is happen when the car supposed to be double locked. 

Thankfully.

are you saying that is the only door where it can still be opened from the inside, ie. the others won't open or are you saying they will all open.  If the drivers door is the only one that does not deadlock properly I  think you will need to take the door panel off the inside and see what goes on inside the door - eg. wiring, deadlock jammed unlocked etc

Sunosa, I don't think deadlocks are going to help you all that much. If a thief is brazen enough to smash a window I can't imagine that they'll have any issue with climbing in through it also. Whilst they may help with theft of large items from inside the car your best defence really is not to keep any in there. Of course, I accept that your circumstances might well mean that you have little choice.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club