Ben...

An inspiration to a fellow Panther Black owner like me! :D

Looks awesome dude!

Here's my honest thoughts on your work.

Number plates are illegal - i hate people who do this

I like the alloy colour :)

Hate what you have done to the inside of the roof

Custom iPhone holder is a good idea

Not too keen on the different colour rear diffuser, but that might be the camera

Arm rest, nice touch

Power start button - you know my thoughts on that

Sun glasses holder i also like

Also, a question. Have you colour coded the airbags yet? :lol:

• Like 1

With regards to the number plates.. Dogging is illegal too lol

Ye was really pleased with the work on the alloys. They were done by BJV engineering (www.wheelrefurbishing.co.uk)

The roof is an acquired taste, however in person it looks a lot smarter. It is no way near as messy or grey and is a lot more subtle.

The rear diffuser, front grills and fog surrounds look good. But is hard to capture on my awful camera. I want one of these SLR cameras.

Armrest is brilliant, makes driving a lot more comfortable.

The start button was done for aesthetics, but IMHO it looks a lot better than lengths of wire hanging out the AUX. A lot of adults and people my age think that's it's factory fitted if they aren't familiar with that shape fiesta. It is also placed in a similar area to the focus. I do grant why people would think it is pointless.

Don't take my answers as defensive. Just explaining.

Cheers Mark and everyone else for your praise.

Lots of hard work gone in there - looking good.

I have to say I'm not liking the roof, but as you say that type of material doesn't photograph well so I'd need to see it in person to make a final call.

Regarding the number plates - spacing them illegally is one thing, but spacing your front plate and back plate differently is just asking to get pulled over...

Ye was really pleased with the work on the alloys. They were done by BJV engineering (www.wheelrefurbishing.co.uk)

Armrest is brilliant, makes driving a lot more comfortable.

That's a lot of work you've put in there...

Love the alloys. And colour matching with the exterior plastics for a two-tone look works nicely with that colour choice. I wouldn't mind my Panther Black Titanium X looking like that...

IMHO the interior I think is a bit dark, and there's the awkward mismatch with the greeny-bluey/grey of the dash and door cards. I think I'd have gone for matching the exterior colour scheme, and painted the silver plastic anthracite. The roof and A pillars I'd keep a lighter colour and gone for Alcantara throughout. The same goes for the door cards, which are crying out for covering/padding.

Frankly I'm shocked you've haven't (yet) upgraded the Speakers, and used the opportunity to install tweeters in the A pillars when you were covering them :huh:

I'm interested in the armrest - does it stop you getting to the handbrake, or do you need to fold it away?

A really well detailed account and most important of all, it's almost all the owners own work - well done. Can't really stand those who simply throw a wad of cash at someone to do the work for them.

Honest opinion? Thought the car was looking really classy up until the point you added those gels - there are some things in there that Ford themselves should be taking note of. Everyone to themselves but from then on you ruined the car IMO. Typical example is that 'S' badge on the front bumper - that's just about as tackiest looking thing I've ever seen. The fake leather and roof is a mod too far - it's an abortion. You've turned a really smart OEM looking car in to a Chinese brothel.

I reckon the most dull looking part of the Fiesta S is those horrible grey seats. The seats themselves are good, it's just a very drab looking grey and the material Ford used is nasty. I'd have thought the first thing anyone who was in to mods would have done was to re-upholster those seats. Any plans?

Last thing - insurance. I'd have thought your insurer would be having a heart attack at all those mods. If your car was keyed before when it was a std model, there's a very high risk of it being keyed again. How much more did you have to pay in insurance for that lot?

The number plates is a risk I was willing to take. If I get pulled over I'll change them.

The thing with the door cards, someone else mentioned this on another forum, they match the seats.

And Alcantara is about £80 a meter. And I'd have needed about 5m. All the mods I've done are fairly cheap.

Speakers.. I feel that the Speakers are good enough. I only download high quality music and for as loud as I have it I don't feel I need to spend money on those.

Armrest.. To begin with it feels as though it is in the way of the hand brake but now I am used to it so I just get to the hand brake from the other side now without noticing.

I really didn't like the light grey. So wanted to change that. The interior does look a lot better in real life. But fair enough if you dont like it. I really like it and am very pleased with how it turned out considering I did it myself and have never done anything like that before.

And yes I'd love to get my seats reupholstered. But I neither have the skill or equipment required.. I'm a toolmaker. So metalwork not fabric. And paying someone else to do it is rediculous money.

And the insurance.. Not much more. I've only sprayed a few parts.

With regards to the number plates.. Dogging is illegal too lol

:lol:

The lining will look dodgy in photos but up in person it looks great i think :)

Very easy to go OTT but youve done good (y)

really good job mate, looks awesome.

How hard was it removing the interior plastics to spray and refitting them?

Where'd you get the clip for the secret hole Ben and there any fitting techniques you'd recommend?

Top Job, really shows how much your cut out in making your "pride and joy" your to your own taste.

Everything you have done is really great.

Regarding the headlining, i like the colour, but going for a suede material is probably the worst choise certainly for me. Ide spend a lifetime trying to remove scuff marks, and "combing" it all in the one direction to remove the patterns from it. But like i said, the colour is great.

The only thing i would change is the "S" badge on the front, as someone else said, this looks tacky to me, and if i seen it on a car round here ide be thinking "OH NO, Surely They Havnt!!"

But everything else is reallly good, the respray of the splitters, and interiour plastics is something i would now consider doing, but maybe not black as it looks a bit dull inside maybe?

Great work tho mate !!

Stunning Car

really good job mate, looks awesome.

How hard was it removing the interior plastics to spray and refitting them?

Removing interior plastics was pretty easy

Pull .. The only one that you can't is the radio surround

Do it in this order

1. Interior door handles - Pull

2. Air vent rings - Pull

3. Secret compartment - Prise the top part open and it is on hinges

4. Stereo surround - Remove matt grey screen surround (pull upwards starting the windscreen end), Unscrew the 2 hex head bolts and the 2 torx screws, Then pull

5. Heat control surround - Pull

It is only 3, 4 & 5 that need to be done in that order

The only one thats a paint is the air vent rings

Look at my pics of all the parts and you'll be able to see roughly where all the clips are

Where'd you get the clip for the secret hole Ben and there any fitting techniques you'd recommend?

I got the catch from Rapid Electronics

Part numbers are in the picture below

c42ae81a.jpg

I just used Araldite and it seems to be really secure

I found it easier to keep the stereo surround removed while doing it

• Like 1

Have to say like most of it...I know that roof material...it NEVER phots well doesnt matter what you use mate lol.

Loce most of the painted interior lok...just wondering hwo the same plastics would look in the White?...not sure it would look right cause of that stupid blue tine onthe soft part of the dashboard!

White looks good but i think i am going trim mine in something as i aint seen it done yet.

Yea i see that yellow and black one the other day looks smart.

You thinking of getting yours trimmed????

Am trimming mine now and also gonna add heated elements in the seat so i have heated seats!!!woot woot.

I have seen a few leather interiors from the mk7 come up on eBay, maybe keep an eye out for a full interior. You could always trim the padded bit on the door card?????

I got the catch from Rapid Electronics

Part numbers are in the picture below

c42ae81a.jpg

I just used Araldite and it seems to be really secure

I've used the 2664921667722 number and nothing comes up, invalid code apparently...

Super glue would be good in place of araldite wouldn't it?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club