Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Park Assist

xev

Hi,

An Acquaintance told me his father in-lAw just got his new mobility car which can park itself. Now excuse my ignorance but as All my cars have been older cars I've never heard of this park assist. What does it actually do.

Zev

if i have understood correctly. its basically a small screen that shows you how to park your car if you cant see e.g how many times should the steering wheel be turned etc. you also have a different system, shown on top gear, where the car literally parks itself...but it never works. you also have the distance sensors aswell that beep to tell you how close you are to the obstruction.

Yeah, I dont think the car can actually take control and park itself, the only car I have seen is the Junior (VW Passat) that can actually drive itself, but look at all the radars etc that it requires...

Park assist is excellent have a go if you can. You activate it drive along the system will tell you to stop when a space big enough has been driven past. You engage reverse and take your hands off the wheel. It's backs itself in the space once in asks you to engage 1st then pulls the from end in then its done. Very good system. It does line itself up off the car behind so if they are very close to curb you will be aswell. It can park its self in very very tight spots. It's weird first few times but its good when your used to it. It came out on the new C-Max and is now on the New Focus

Wow, so it genuinly takes control of the car and actually does the driving for you...

Well you learn something new every day! I didnt realise that it took so much of the weight off your shoulders!