Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Changing The Speedo And Other Bulbs Differant Colour

edenboy-ragit

im in the process of purchasing some bulbs to change the colour of the interier bulbs from green to blue. like the last photo from this site http://www.fordwiki.co.uk/index.php?title=Replacement_Dials_-_How_to_fit_to_Mondeo_Mk3

ive got the 'how to' for the speedo and brought the bulbs: 'New 10 lots T5 286 1.2w Blue Dashboard LED wedge bulbs' and '10 T1O 501 W5W Blue LED Side Wedge Light Bulb Lamp 12V' (title of the bulbs i brought through ebay) 1st off are these the correct bulbs (i done abit of reasurch and i belive these are but just wanted to check)

other than rthat the speedo doesnt consern me, its the electric window buttons, the heater controls, clock, etc etc that i need advice on. 1st off what do i need? i removed the headlight switch and dismantled abit to just about see about 7ish green leds. do i buy blue leds and need to 'un solder' the old led's then re-solder the new ones??

also im not a novice but i havnt looked how to remove the window buttons or the clock etc. is there anything im going to need to know before i dive in?? cheers lee

iv fount these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/120-pcs-3mm-Red-Green-Blue-Yellow-White-LED-Lights-12V-/120469255218?pt=UK_BOI_Electrical_Components_Supplies_ET&hash=item1c0c86f432

do i just remove the green led and fit a blue one?? do i need to fit the resistor or im guessing i wont as led's are already fitted?? cheers

in my personal experiance of changing my focus from green to blue. in my window controls i had 3mm LEDs, which were unsolder and solder new ones in. headlight controls were the same, unsolder and solder.

however the heater controls were SMD LEDs, which are a little more difficult to normal leds to solder. as for the clock screen it wouldnt surprise me if that uses SMD leds aswell and a plastic filter (which can be removed carefully)

a top tip: take all the stuff apart first and check to see if the face where the light shines through is white. any other colour, check for a removable filter. if not then dont do it...i had this problem in a peugeot 307, i done everything blue, got to the manual heater controls and the plastic is molded orange, so the light comes through green!

i hope this makes sense.