Do Not Sell My Personal Information

gearbox oil leak

DaShiner

After replacing all the cam,crank and auxhiliary seals (and camshaft after we snapped the other one lol) now it seems I've got gear oil leaking out from the gearbox somewhere, at least I think its gearbox oil, its clean looking, and smells different to engine oil?

Can you gimme some advice on what it could be thats allowed it to leak and how hard it is to fix pls?

nice 1!

Denis

(I'm not familiar with that side of the engine, my guess is a gasket or something has failed?)

without further investigation its hard to say where it could be from most likeky an oil seal or gasket thats gone.

without further investigation its hard to say where it could be from most likeky an oil seal or gasket thats gone.

are they hard to replace mate? can a DIY mechanic do it easy enough?

some are more difficult than others the first thing you can do is clean the gearbox caseing and find out roughley where the leak is coming from.

• 3 months later...

if youve removed the drive shafts have you replaced the oils seals

if not do it i didnt ended up costing me alot of money (new g/box) what happens is that the seal breaks this helps keep the drive shaft stable now its broken it would shudder and damage the diff mean whenever you put a seal on it itll just break again

if its g/box oil it smells like

the onlyway to put it is 2stroke fumes crossed with rotton eggs and i think its a sort of greany colour also it would be on the bottom of the bulkhead and underneath your car