• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Casper

Casper

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec 1.6

Posted 28 February 2011 - 07:08 PM

I have a 2003 Reg Focus Zetec 1.6 Petrol it's done about 1013k miles, I'm the second owner and purchased the car when it only had 11k miles on the clock so know it's complete history.

Can't fault the Focus I love the car and have only had 2 problems with it over the last 7 years that I've owned it.

Recently I've noticed that if there is moderate to heavy rain whilst I'm driving her that my hand brake warning light will be illuminated ever so slightly on the dashboard. After a few days with no rain the light will disappear again until next time it rains.

I've had the car down the garage to have the brake pads etc checked out and they are all fine and well within their lifespan, there are no problems that I can tell when breaking, she brakes as I would expect her to, doesn't pull or shake.

All I can think of is it is some form of electrical/damp problem?!

Thoughts?

C.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 catch

catch

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts
  • Ford Model: MK2.5 Focus 1.6 Titanium Petrol
  • Year: 2011
Posted 28 February 2011 - 11:22 PM

I have a 2003 Reg Focus Zetec 1.6 Petrol it's done about 1013k miles, I'm the second owner and purchased the car when it only had 11k miles on the clock so know it's complete history.

1,013,000 miles .......I'm impressed, surely after covering that kind of mileage it is allowed the odd eccentricity :D

#3 RCJ

RCJ

Serial Poster

• FOC Supporters
  • 461 posts
  • Ford Model: 2010 Ford Fiesta S1600

Posted 28 February 2011 - 11:39 PM

Averaging 147,000 miles a year! !Removed! hell, thats some effort! :lol:

#4 Dan62

Dan62

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
Contributor

Posted 01 March 2011 - 11:15 AM

Can't fault the Focus I love the car and have only had 2 problems with it over the last 7 years that I've owned it.

Recently I've noticed that if there is moderate to heavy rain whilst I'm driving her that my hand brake warning light will be illuminated ever so slightly on the dashboard. After a few days with no rain the light will disappear again until next time it rains.

I've had the car down the garage to have the brake pads etc checked out and they are all fine and well within their lifespan, there are no problems that I can tell when breaking, she brakes as I would expect her to, doesn't pull or shake.

All I can think of is it is some form of electrical/damp problem?!

Thoughts?

C.

A glowing light does make it sound like a damp related issue, check around the brake fluid level switch that it is clean and dry.

D.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users