2 replies to this topic

#1 morgana

morgana

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: Fusion

Posted 28 February 2011 - 08:24 PM

Hi. New here and hope you can help me.

I've run a Fusion 2 1.4 petrol for almost 2 years now. The last time I went to start it on Saturday after it had been left for about 2 weeks, the battery was dead. We've now charged it up and managed to get it started, but it started running very roughly initially and if I took my foot off the accelerator, the engine stopped.

Does anybody have any ideas as to what could be the problem?

Thanks.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 gixerboy

gixerboy

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • Ford Model: Fusion

Posted 28 February 2011 - 09:19 PM

Hi. New here and hope you can help me.

I've run a Fusion 2 1.4 petrol for almost 2 years now. The last time I went to start it on Saturday after it had been left for about 2 weeks, the battery was dead. We've now charged it up and managed to get it started, but it started running very roughly initially and if I took my foot off the accelerator, the engine stopped.

Does anybody have any ideas as to what could be the problem?

Thanks.

if it was running fine before, I would suspect that the battery has had it,I would get either the car or the battery to a garage to be tested, it may have a dead cell, it may be worth getting the alternator checked out as well.

Let us know when you find the problem.

#3 Dan62

Dan62

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta
Contributor

Posted 28 February 2011 - 09:48 PM

If the battery goes flat the ECU looses its memory, check your owners manual it should say to drive it for 5 miles and it will sort itself out.

D

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users