• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 pargolf

pargolf

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: fusion - city
Posted 23 October 2008 - 04:02 PM

The offside back seat refuses to unclip, the latch on the top of the seat has gone all floppy so I cannot fold the seat down. Any body out there know how to mend it / is it easy / how do you get into the seat. I dont really want pay out for a couple of hours of labour at a ford garage to mend it.

pargolf :blink:

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 hendrix

hendrix

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Ford Model: fusion uk

Posted 18 November 2008 - 02:05 PM

The offside back seat refuses to unclip, the latch on the top of the seat has gone all floppy so I cannot fold the seat down. Any body out there know how to mend it / is it easy / how do you get into the seat. I dont really want pay out for a couple of hours of labour at a ford garage to mend it.

pargolf :blink:

exactly the same thing has happened to mine rear drivers side its a pain. ford qouted 35.50 for part 25.00 fitting if you managed to sort this without paying please let me know.

#3 cartman690

cartman690

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Ford Model: Fusion 3 1.4 tdci

Posted 20 May 2009 - 08:01 PM

Mine did this. I prized off the top cover to find under the cover a eyelet and pin arrangement the eylet has split I need the seats up down alot so had to find a quick fix. a long thin cable tie around the pin passed through the gap in the latch handle cover thing. about 3" (sorry I'm old and dont do metrics). pull the cable tie to lower release the latch tuck the tie in when the seat is up. if anyone want's ill post a piccy...if anyone knows a sorce and instructions to replace the latch unit please post as im sure we are not alone... Regards cartman690.. :rolleyes:

#4 hendrix

hendrix

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Ford Model: fusion uk

Posted 21 May 2009 - 01:02 PM

Did more or less the same thing mate, the plastic clip around a metal shaft is only ever gonna break. can get your fingers round (if you have small fingers) plastic shaft and pull.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users