Do Not Sell My Personal Information

stereo

dibbles

im thinking of putting a sub box in my boot i have a mondeo and my stereo is the ford 5000 cd changer.can any one tell me if my ford stereo has a port for an rca lead.and can anyone tell me where i would find my stereo code as i cant find it many thanx

• 1 month later...

buy a new stereo and a decent set of 6*9s will give you ample bass subs ruin your tunes they take away all the tune and leave you with nothing but thumping they aint cool just because all your mates have them!!!

• 4 weeks later...
buy a new stereo and a decent set of 6*9s will give you ample bass subs ruin your tunes they take away all the tune and leave you with nothing but thumping they aint cool just because all your mates have them!!!

Disagree with you mate.

Definately buy a different stereo theres loads of good ones on the market at good prices. I have a Alpine in my mondeo and if you look around you can buy custom fit Speakers for the doors that save you having to cut your parcel shelf about.

Now as for a sub i have a 15" in the boot and as for it over powering everything else thats rubbish. Subs can be adjusted to kick as big or as little as you want as long as you take a bit of time setting the system up to your preferences. I had subs a long time ago before the kids were born and having to get rid of them to make space in the boot of the car i owned then was heart breaking. Now the kids are close to teens so boot isn't so important and two years ago my wife bought me the sub with amp for christmas and i have to say things are all good. Am i a boy racer with loads of mates in souped up motors nah i'm 36 with a '96 mondy but i wouldn't give up my sub for nobody. They enhance the music not kill it.

DSCF0138.jpg

Bullshit, thats mine and purely to be a bit different at car shows I've played stuff thats not your normal show stuff and believe me you see many people stood behind the car singing along. Oh yeah and I'm 35

31052008091.jpg

My buddy that owns this is 40 and has taken at least 6 first prizes for this install last show season. Yeah you can go for sheer bass output, but a properly set up install can win more prizes purely for clarity of sound.

The whole point of subs, mid range and tweets is to get each speaker handling what it's best at.

In fact if you ask a single speaker to handle the bass it will do more to ruin the sound than having a separate sub.

+1 to everybody who replied saying it's the way it's set up that ruins the sound and not the concept of having dedicated Speakers.

I'm fairly into home cinema and have proper B&W 600 series Speakers all round not the poxy little book shelf ones. These are more then capable of shaking your fillings out but when you ask them to do that you lose the fidelity of the sound track.

That's why I have an eff off big sub as well LOL - not to blow the roof of (although it can) just to take the load off the mid range

Oh and I'm 40 something LOL

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club