Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Soft & Hard Error Codes

APJ

Hello all,

Can anyone tell me the difference between a soft and hard error code?

My focus recently went in for its CAM belt and Water pump change (which went fine) and I also told them about a problem i was having (see my post entitled 'A curious problem'). They said they checked the computer and it read a soft error code..which he said indicated the EGR valve was starting to fail. They said it wasnt 100% the EGR but that was most likely. Am in the process of getting quotes from different garages for cost of an EGR and cost of labour to replace it. Anyway just wondered what was the difference was between a soft and hard error code?

cheers,

cheers for this H3lly....Is it the same engine set up on the 2.0TDCI MK2? Would i get a warning light come up on the dash if i did the same as in that video? Or is that only if you take the actual EGR out of the engine?

I'm not sure of the similarities between the TDDI and TCDI engines if any. If anything I would imagine this will reduce the chances of any EML coming on. I'm sure the above method will help clean the EGR on your car.

I do this now and again on my 1.8 tdci , one time I do it the car display said engine malfuntion whilst I was in the process of doing it. All I done was turned the car off and restarted it and it was fine

hmmm as long as i dont get a permanent engine warning light come up on the dash i might just give this a go. Can anyone recommend a good carb cleaner, or are they all much the same??

before you go to Halfords check if there is an jays autoparts or a europarts near you - much cheaper!

yes! theres a Europarts in southampton which is about 6 miles away from me, will go there:-)

Yeah its cheaper than Halfords so always worth trying them first, check the website, you can enter your Reg and get a price, cant remember if you can do that on Halfords...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club