Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How should clutch be??

mickyp

Hi i have a 2001 fiesta freestyle with zetec engine 1.25cc. How should the clutch feel on these cars. Mine is soft and i have to lft it quite high before the car moves is this ok or am i going to be forkingout for a new one soon??

Help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

ive gt a 1997 fiesta ztec and my biting point is realy low i was kid of curious but it turns out mine is fine

i think every clutch feels different, mines a 1999 1.3 and before i changed the clutch the bite point was quite high, and now the new one is very low.

by the way they're easy to change if you need to.

tom

My clutch is really high to bite but i suspect it is on it's way out now as it also slips a little in second... holdawayt where did you purchase a new clutch from and was it expensive? Mine is a 1995 but probably won't pass the next MOT anyway, took a full day's welding to get it through this one :)

• 4 weeks later...

My clutch is quite low too.

That said I do tend to hear a slight rattling noise when I lift my foot off it whilst in neutral. Not quite sure if it's on its way out, just have a slight difficulty getting it into reverse every now and then.