Do Not Sell My Personal Information

*** Fiesta Mk7 "knocking From Rear Of Car"?

BHeart

Hi

I've now had my Fiesta Mk7 5 door Zetec since October 1st 2010 and, after reading about the growing number of faults that "some" owner's were having with their cars, I'm pleased to say that up until a week ago, my car had been trouble free but, over the last week, I have become increasingly aware of a knocking noise from the rear of the car.

The knock first started about a week ago and seems to occur with lateral movement at the rear and not really when I drive over speed bumps (slowly). At first, it was only the odd knock to start with but it has now turned into a more frequent knock and it's not just one, but two or three, one after the other and this is becoming annoying to me now. Can anyone tell me what might be making the noise?

My Fiesta has doner over 2,000 miles now and I still have to book the car in for the 1,500 mile/3 month check but as the new '11 reg' is being pushed out by the dealers right now, they will probably be too busy to do the free check, so I'll try to get it in for the middle of March. If I mention this 'knocking issue', would the dealer investigate this during the 3 month check or ask me to wait until it's first service?

Locking/Unlocking the car using the remote

I also have one other query and rather than start another new topic, I will use this post to ask about it. The query is with reference to the 'locking/unlocking' of the car and visual confirmation from the system.

When I unlock the car - confirmation via indicators 'flashing once'

When I lock the car - no confirmation flashes

When I 'double lock' the car by pressing remote button twice - confirmation via indicators 'flashing twice'

Is the above confirmation sequence correct and if it's not, what is the correct sequence if the system is functioning as it should be?

BHeart

the person in the boot isnt dead yet?

haha!

On a serious note, regarding the knocking, the dealer should look at it any time while the car is still in warranty. Obviously something isn't right; that's what the warranty is for. As far as the (un)locking goes, mine is pretty much the same as you say. When unlocking the indicators stay on for a few moments, then as they go off the sidelights come on for a while. That's what they're meant to do, I take it yours do the same?

When I unlock the car - confirmation via indicators 'flashing once'

When I lock the car - no confirmation flashes

When I 'double lock' the car by pressing remote button twice - confirmation via indicators 'flashing twice'

Is the above confirmation sequence correct

That's exactly how it should be. I occasionally get the knocking whilst traveling over speed bumps, but I always assumed it was the shaving foam rattling around in the boot well.

Get them to check the boot lock. Mines about to get changed after same fault/noise started. They tried tightening lock which made it harder for lock to engage when boot shut but it did work ..... for a while. New lock on order.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club