Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Questions

Zion Fox

Greetings fellow Fiesta Owners!

I am considering buying a new Fiesta in the next few months, and it would be really nice if I could pick at your brains a bit on a few topics relating to the car.

My mother has a Titanium 1.4 on motorbility, and when she visited I got to drive it around the drive for a few minutes (just a quick 3-4 point 180 degree turn). I noticed a few things with the car which I'm highly curious about before taking a test drive with the local dealer. The first thing I noticed was that the steering was incredibly light, like, little finger full lock light. Is it like that constantly? Will driving on the motorway cause the slightest movement to cause the car to fly all over the road?

In the car I took my driving test and PassPlus in (Fiat Punto 1.2) there was a 'city steering' button which made the steering similarly light, and to be honest, it was quite disgusting and uncontrolable at ~30mph. I have had some theories in my head thinking that the steering gets heavier at higher speeds (which I like to call adaptive power steering :D) but browsing through the Fiesta Owners Manual (both my mothers, and digital copies found on this forum) doesn't mention anything relating to Power Steering, other than the tank to fill the fluid with.

What is the steering control like on this car? Is it constantly light, or does it get heavier the faster you go?

Secondly, I've searched far and wide for images and instructions of the vehicles interiour dashboard. I will be getting the top of the range 1.6, with the Sony Stereo and Individual Red. There is a user here with the Frozen White paint and Individual Red, which I've seen a few images of, but all the other results are stock photos from Ford's websites. Are there any more images out there, or a user manual with the new stereo depicting what all the features of it are?

Lastly, I will be looking to use my Android phone with this car, mainly as a SatNav using Google Navigation. Has anyone else used a similar setup, and streamed music over their phone through the system? How well does it all work?

Thanks for reading,

Regards,

Zion

It gets heavier the faster you drive, upto a certain point, probably around about 50mph where it reaches its heaviest. Lightest steering is sub 10mph. Ask for a test drive would be my advice.

I've an android phone any bluetooth works well for calls (my phone loses its memory now and again but im sure its just my phone), streaming music is do-able, but, there are one or two pops and crackles heard as streaming music over bluetooth seems to overload something somewhere (likely the bluetooth receiver of the Fiesta). It dosent ruin the experience, but given the choice connecting a USB pen drive, or a aux cable I'd use either of those before bluetooth.

Thanks for your reply Tunny,

Does the phone support Audio over USB, or is it just bluetooth or Line? I've been reading other topics and they use old iPods velcroe'd under the driver seat, powered by USB and audio through Line In. I do have an old 20GB iPod Photo (4th Gen) which isn't doing anything, and still works perfectly. How easy are they to control via the interface?

Thanks for your reply Tunny,

Does the phone support Audio over USB, or is it just Bluetooth or Line? I've been reading other topics and they use old iPods velcroe'd under the driver seat, powered by USB and audio through Line In. I do have an old 20GB iPod Photo (4th Gen) which isn't doing anything, and still works perfectly. How easy are they to control via the interface?

I think the phone only does it via bluetooth, I have HTC Desire and it works perfectly with the bluetooth for phone operation but have never tried using it for music as I have a USB stick for that.

Never used an iPod but you'll have to purchase a cable to connect it up. Personally, if I was you or anyone else, I'd get a small(in physical size) USB stick and put your music on that and just leave it. If you have the iPod you'll have the cable dangling down to underneath the seat. I heard the early cables were stiff and caused problems with the USB/inline connectors but that may well have been sorted now. iPod or USB, everything is controlled the same way, via the steering wheel (volume, next track etc) controls or centre console buttons for selecting folders, info etc.

Don't worry about the steering, it stiffens up at speed.

Here's a couple of pics of the red interior of the net.

10381588.jpeg

500-500-0-0-tn-image-415.jpg

I really do like the Individual Interior..

I dont think I could justify spending the £850 it costs for it..be it either the red or blue style.

Any device that has a 3.5mm Jack (any size really) like an anrdoid phone, will play through your AUX port in the car. And as I've previously mentioned, yes you can connect a USB pen to your USB port (that's what its there for!) to play music directly off your USB.

You can connect your iPod up to your car using USB and AUX which gives you audio and steering controls. Sadly this does mean you now have to use Fords navigation menu and controls which aren't anywhere as good as apples if you have lots of music, but its not a big thing.

I'd of also preferred not having to connect an AUX cable, but as USB pen drives work as mass storage and the car does the audio processing, when you connect your iPod, the iPod doesn't function as mass storage and so doesn't output sound through USB as the iPod does the audio processing. I've no doubt ford could have implemented it but its likely that they plumped for both cables as its easier for them.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club