Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Test Driving The New Focus

btmaldon

Well, I feel like a school boy the day before Christmas.

Lookers, my local dealer phoned up to see if I wanted to test drive the new Focus. I couldn't very well say no could I?

Anyway, I will let you know what I think of it.

Would like to hear how anybody else found it to drive.

hi i have not driven the new focus yet but i have been to my local dealer for a look i like the inside it looks smart but im not convinced by the outside yet i like the current focus but maybe the new one will grow on me enjoy your test drive

I know what you mean by the looks. I quite like it inside and out.

Anyway it was a 1.6 Zetec I took for a run. I did like the interior and the driving position suited me well. There is less room for the driver and front seat passenger than on the current model, however there was still plenty of room for your feet with somewhere to rest the left foot.

It was quieter and felt smoother than the current model but I was a little dissapointed with the acceleration. I swear my current Focus estate was quicker. However once you got up to 50mph it felt more torquey. So it should be fine on Motorways.

It was very easy to drive with a smooth gear change and a fairly light clutch pedal.

Boot space and rear legroom appear to be reasonable and I was impressed with the quality of the interior.

I new the price was not going to be good, and based on that we looked at pricing up a 1.6 Edge. This being the base model, it still came in at £16,260. One didn't feel the base model was worth that sort of money and would be gutted if in a years time there would be offers around at £11,500.

The base model doesn't have Fogs which does make a difference to the look of the car and the accelaration 0 to 60 is slower than the current model.

Anyway, while I was there I decided to order a new current model Focus Sport because its well specked with the Satnav, parking sensors etc for £12,922 in Panther Black.

The missus wasn't too happy when I got home as I was only supposed to be going for a test drive.

lol.

Shame you didn't find the new focus better than the current one in every department.

I love the interior of the new one, especially the titanium specs. However I just bought a brand new fiesta before xmas so it will be a long wait before I get my hands on a focus. Suppose I could always act interested just to have a test drive :P

as i said i like the current focus and to get one with plenty of goodies and in a nice colour is a wise choice ive had another look at the new focus today and it is growing on me but they had a grand c max in an orange colour and that to me looked so much better

I must admit, I do like the look of the new C Max as well.

My problem with the new Focus is really around value for money. I would love to have the Titanium version or even the Zetec, but they are somewhat out of my price range and in my opinion are not worth the price tag.

In a years time Ford may find it would pay for them to build in some significant discounts, but for the moment the car is selling really well and they dont need to.

Hi was that the new eco-boost engine? Colin.

I know what you mean by the looks. I quite like it inside and out.

Anyway it was a 1.6 Zetec I took for a run. I did like the interior and the driving position suited me well. There is less room for the driver and front seat passenger than on the current model, however there was still plenty of room for your feet with somewhere to rest the left foot.

It was quieter and felt smoother than the current model but I was a little dissapointed with the acceleration. I swear my current Focus estate was quicker. However once you got up to 50mph it felt more torquey. So it should be fine on Motorways.

It was very easy to drive with a smooth gear change and a fairly light clutch pedal.

Boot space and rear legroom appear to be reasonable and I was impressed with the quality of the interior.

I new the price was not going to be good, and based on that we looked at pricing up a 1.6 Edge. This being the base model, it still came in at £16,260. One didn't feel the base model was worth that sort of money and would be gutted if in a years time there would be offers around at £11,500.

The base model doesn't have Fogs which does make a difference to the look of the car and the accelaration 0 to 60 is slower than the current model.

Anyway, while I was there I decided to order a new current model Focus Sport because its well specked with the Satnav, parking sensors etc for £12,922 in Panther Black.

The missus wasn't too happy when I got home as I was only supposed to be going for a test drive.

It wasn't the 150PS Econetic engine in the one I tested. I think that is only in the Titanium models to start with.

I wonder how good the new 150bp eco boost engine is. Has anyone tried it yet?

Thats a no then

I think it would be because all the demonstrators are 1.6 Zetec's. You may get a chance to test drive the 150PS version after the official launch, this weekend.

I think it would be because all the demonstrators are 1.6 Zetec's. You may get a chance to test drive the 150PS version after the official launch, this weekend.

Thanks for reply, you are probably right. I want to try this new engine and wonder If fords will ever fit into the Fiesta!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club