Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus and gear problems!!

rachuk

Hello...I am a new owner of a ford focus 2002 1.4 and ever since I have had it, I have had problems!!

1st I had to pay £120 for a indicator problem, then 2nd had to pay £370 for a new clutch yesterday! Although half I will get back from the warranty people!!

Previously I owned a renault clio and gears were so easy to move....however this focus has quite stiff gears, and finds it a little difficult to get from 2nd into 3rd gear. I was told this would improve after the clutch had been fitted...but it hasn't!!!

Is this normal with focus's? As I wish I had not brought the damm thing now!

Also, when I first start the car the car makes VOOM VOOM VOOM, and the RPM needle goes up and down!....Is this normal as well....as once again the clio never done this........I feel I've been conned!

Thanks

Nope u defiantly aint been conned i work for renault and jesus me the parts are ridculous price and my clio always broken i sepnt about 1000k on it and it still wernt fixed but focus do have that problem LACK OF GEARBOX oil DUDE or just plaina nd simple gear changes to quick or synchros are knackerd try matching the revs with speed of engine i now it saounds daft rev it to 3000rpm let revs fall and hold gear stick into a gear if it goes in ur cool wouldnt advise this all the time just aquick test as u may naker it up

Matt

Thankyou very much.

I had everything checked yesterday and was told the geer box is fine and the gear oil is fine too...so maybe focus's just have tighter gears compared to a renault clio, where my gears just slipped in and out very easily.

Thanks for your advise

• 2 weeks later...

Ah no worries glad i could be of some help but i must admit gearbox on renault especially jb5's and jc 1's are tighter and smaller gear ratios what they fit to the clios makes them easy to slide in and out

Matt

Nope u defiantly aint been conned i work for renault and jesus me the parts are ridculous price and my clio always broken i sepnt about 1000k on it

A million quid? That's one expensive car :P

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club