• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 shaddow

shaddow

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Ford Model: focus tdci 1.8 edge

Posted 05 March 2011 - 08:33 PM

Hi Everyone, can anyone help. My 1.8 tdci Mk1.5 occasionaly seems to fire on three cylinders when pulling away. This may happen first thing or after driving a few miles. Runs ok, then when pulling away from a standing start it has no power, but no lights come on the dash. If i switch it off and re-start it, it goes back to normal. Tried a new diesel, and air filter but to no avail. Been told now it may be the accellerator potentiometer/ sensor. But as ive only had it for three months, and already spent out for a new exhaust pipe and clutch master cylinder, i dont want to spend much more on it if i dont need to. So any advice would be most welcome. Any advice anyone?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Leemaxd

Leemaxd

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus zetec s

Posted 05 March 2011 - 09:12 PM

Sounds like it could be the egr valve, get yourself a tin of cleaner like wynns egr cleaner and give it a go or if you are confident on engines take it off and give it a good clean.

#3 shaddow

shaddow

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 12:45 AM

Thanx leemaxd. Will try the cleaner first i think. As i,m 54yrs old and try not to touch the engine unless i have to. ( they a lot more complicated than they were in my day lol) if that does not work then i may try to take it off and clean it, thats if i can find it? Any idea where its located?. And how to clean it Plz.

#4 Leemaxd

Leemaxd

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus zetec s

Posted 06 March 2011 - 08:16 AM

this is how I have done mine in the past and it does sort it out, you need someone in the car keeping the revs up steady , but it's worth a go, the tin of stuff is only about a 10

#5 shaddow

shaddow

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 07:41 PM

Thanx mate, and thanx a million for the video. Will definately have a go at that, but not on my drive lol. Will let you know how i get on.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users