Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ford fiesta heaters

FIESTA MAN

hi, i have a 2001 mk5 ford fiesta and when i set the blower to hot it still blows cold air i could probably drive to the moon and back and still have cold air any suggestions

most likely the heater controlle valve gone its a common problem, see if you can check for the hose being hot going into the valve.

dunno whether its the case but the heater blowing cold can be the sign on an airlock in the heater matrix or a blown HG.

This is useful to me too as my 1995 ghia always had excellent heating until recently and now it seems to blow freezing air constantly, so much so that it freezes any condensation inside the car! We had thought it to be the stat valve... I can't live without heating a day longer!!!

• 3 weeks later...

You could try taking the dash off an seeing if the cable/control behind the heating dial on the dash has broken or become disconnected? If all else (head gasket, heater itself) is ok might be something as simple as a snapped cable to the heater control.

hi, i have a 2001 mk5 ford fiesta and when i set the blower to hot it still blows cold air i could probably drive to the moon and back and still have cold air any suggestions

I had the same problem with my 2001 fiesta. I've just replaced the heater control valve and it's now working a treat!

easy test to see if its the heater valve solenoid....turn the power on then unplug the solenoid connection,put the connection back on and it should back a clicking sound if its working.

if its not working,it will remain silent....easy job to replace.

Check The Following:

Check the coonalt system for any leaks + oil in the system

Check the system for any air locks

Check the head gasket to see if it is gone or on the way out

Check the heater control valve to see if it is faulty

If you have checked all of these there is only 1 possibility:

The only possibility i can think of is that the heater matrix has gone, it doesnt usually go but it sometimes happens. Its worth buying a new one, as they come with warranty and a second hand one will probably go again.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have a 2001 1.8 TDI (Endure DI) - Can someone tell me if the coolant pipe from the top of the engine goes into the Control valve side with the motor on it (right side if you look at it from the front of the car) and the other pipe from the oil cooler then goes into the control valve with no motor on it (left if you are in front of the car looking at it.) I cannot find any pictures of this anywhere and I do not know anyone with the same car to check...!

thanks in advance,

Dave.

It's the control valve. There's no need to replace it! All you have to do is take it out, clean it and put it back. Makesure you clean the coil and make sure its dry.

This has happened to mine twice, both times just as the winter weather is kicking in. Once its had been cleaned, it worked fine.

YES PROBLEM SOLVED I REPLACED THE HEATER CONTROL VALVE £24.90 FROM FORD AND DRAINED AND REPLACED THE ANTI-FREEZE NOW IT IS NICE AND HOT IN MY CAR WHEN I WANT IT TO BE HAHA GOOD LUCK FOLKS WORKED A TREAT FOR ME AND ONLY TOOK 15 MINUTES TO FIT