Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rattle Under The Dash

stephenrhys1955

My Mk7 Econetic has developed a rattle from the dash. It seems to be behind the glove-box which I've emptied to eliminate loose items. The strange thing is it seems to be temperature reliant, first thing when cold it rattles like mad and then five miles down the road when the heater kicks in it shuts up. The dealer is twelve miles away and of course they can't find a rattle at all. Anyone else had this problem?

under the glove-box there is a cover that can be easly removed. There are two screws that can be pulled out using just fingers. Try to see if there is something that may cause the rattle. Worth trying I think.

under the glove-box there is a cover that can be easly removed. There are two screws that can be pulled out using just fingers. Try to see if there is something that may cause the rattle. Worth trying I think.

Had the lot apart, glove-box lower cover etc. I think it's the linkage on the side of the heater causing the problem I've put a nob of grease on each part of the mechanism and it seems to have done the trick. ( famous last words LOL )

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club