• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Nonie Love

Nonie Love

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus LX 1999

Posted 07 March 2011 - 01:04 PM

I recently fell in love with and bought a Ford Focus LX 1.6 1999.
I was doing a small job on the window and had to disconnect the battery. I now need to enter a correct code into the stereo to get it working - simple right?! I have the code, I entered it as per the instruction manual (I've done this a thoudand times in previous cars too) and its coming up as a wrong code entered (the same code was in both manual which matches the car and on a sticker under the ashtray by the original owner)
I dont understand how I have the correct code for the correct radio I am entering it properly (1 on stereo is where you enter the 1st number of code 2 second number etc and press 5 to enter)
ANyone any clues? Could the code have been reset??
Fiona x

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 H3lly

H3lly

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts
  • Name: k
  • Ford Model: Mk1 Focus
  • Year: 2003

Posted 07 March 2011 - 01:09 PM

It's a 6000CD yeah? What's the serial number (M followed by 6 digits i.e.Mxxxxxx) I'll double check the code for you. Maybe the previous owner changed the radio?

#3 Nonie Love

Nonie Love

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus LX 1999

Posted 09 March 2011 - 11:01 PM

It's a 6000CD yeah? What's the serial number (M followed by 6 digits i.e.Mxxxxxx) I'll double check the code for you. Maybe the previous owner changed the radio?

Thanks a million, I'll pop into the garage and get the radio pulled out to get the seriewl number, obviously the one in the manual isnt the correct one and my ford radio keys wont work on this stereo for some reason. Thanks a mil, will get back to you soon!

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users