7 replies to this topic

#1 bryfly

bryfly

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Ford Model: fiesta 1.6 TDCI Titanium 2009

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:10 PM

Wondered what people on the focus forum think of the 1.6 sport(old model)that ford will sell for the remainder of 2011, the cheapest price i have found is £11,881.92,this seems to be a good price even if it is an outgoing model, however i have read a lot about the petrol 1.6 100ps being underpowered and it is very thirsty on petrol,,,,,,any guidance appriciated..cheers

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Leemaxd

Leemaxd

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Ford Model: Focus zetec s

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:34 PM

Go for a tdci loads more fun, just puts a smile on my face everytime the turbo kicks in. :)

#3 bryfly

bryfly

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 10:50 AM

Wondered what people on the focus forum think of the 1.6 sport(old model)that ford will sell for the remainder of 2011, the cheapest price i have found is 11,881.92,this seems to be a good price even if it is an outgoing model, however i have read a lot about the petrol 1.6 100ps being underpowered and it is very thirsty on petrol,,,,,,any guidance appriciated..cheers

Cannot justify a TDCI, so has Anybody got a view on the focus with a 1.6 100ps petrol engine in terms of its mpg and if it is underpowered or not?.....cheers

#4 btmaldon

btmaldon

Ford Enthusiast

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,533 posts
  • Name: Bruce
  • Ford Model: BMW 320i Coupe M Sport
  • Year: 2008

Posted 09 March 2011 - 10:02 PM

Ive just ordered one of these. I went to test drive the new Focus on Saturday and ended up buying the current model. So Ive got a Panther Black Sport on order.

I currently have a 1.6 Focus Estate on an 09 Plate. This has better acceleration than the new Focus hatch and is noticeably livelier. However it is not a high powered sports car. It has plenty of mid range torque, so is good on the motorways and I average 37-38 mpg. I can get 41 mpg on a run.

Now the hatchback should be better than my estate on MPG and handling. All the Focus range are great driving cars due to their handling ability.

I feel that this is the best time to get a well specked Focus at such a good price, The Sports are currently 500 more than the Titanium models and they are selling like hot cakes. Which is why I have to wait for mine to be built.

#5 hedgepig

hedgepig

Too much time on the boards

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • Name: John
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.0 125 Titanium X
  • Year: 2013

Posted 09 March 2011 - 10:07 PM

Have you chosen a petrol or a diesel one?

#6 bryfly

bryfly

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 10 March 2011 - 09:12 AM

Ive just ordered one of these. I went to test drive the new Focus on Saturday and ended up buying the current model. So Ive got a Panther Black Sport on order.

I currently have a 1.6 Focus Estate on an 09 Plate. This has better acceleration than the new Focus hatch and is noticeably livelier. However it is not a high powered sports car. It has plenty of mid range torque, so is good on the motorways and I average 37-38 mpg. I can get 41 mpg on a run.

Now the hatchback should be better than my estate on MPG and handling. All the Focus range are great driving cars due to their handling ability.

I feel that this is the best time to get a well specked Focus at such a good price, The Sports are currently 500 more than the Titanium models and they are selling like hot cakes. Which is why I have to wait for mine to be built.

cheers for the response

#7 Pemberton78

Pemberton78

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Ford Model: Mondeo titanium x sport 2.2tdci

Posted 16 March 2011 - 05:28 AM

The 1.6 100 ps is very sluggish,but as for the car it's a cracker and seems to be at a nice price to.ford are building the last few hundred this month ready for April,so get in now while you can,because the new focus prices are sky high.cheers.

#8 btmaldon

btmaldon

Ford Enthusiast

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,533 posts
  • Name: Bruce
  • Ford Model: BMW 320i Coupe M Sport
  • Year: 2008

Posted 16 March 2011 - 09:22 PM

It depends on what you are comparing it with. The 1.6 Focus certainly feels sluggish in comparison with my previous 2.0 litre Alpha. However I have found the mid range torque fine on the motorways. Much better than the equivalant Vauxhalls and much better than the Peugeot 308 I hired. Also because the throttle pedal is well sprung on these you tend not to floor it. Plus because its a smooth engine you feel you are going slower than you actually are until you start taking it along some twisty bits.

As far as 1.6's go, its just fine. I have also found that at 24000 miles mine is just starting to free up a bit. Its getting quicker and more economical as time goes on.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users