Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best Way To Test The Heated Windscreen?

jeebowhite

Well I went out to a frozen windscreen this morning, and found that it was only heating the passenger side! since it was frozen the passenger side melted and the driver side didnt!

I cant exactly refreeze the windscreen, so if I swap the fuses over, how can I check that the fault follws the fuse or stays as it is? Ford will repair it under warranty since they replaced it less than 6 months ago, so I dont want to rip too much apart!

Whats the best way to test it?

The contacts for the heated windscreen might need replacing. Get ford to check it if still under warranty.

a multimenter, when switched on across one then the other...check your voltages but i bet its as H3lly says. or if not under warrenty find someone real handy with a soldering iron if contacts.

but iirc i read about this once, apparently the mk1 has 2 fuses and the mk1 has 1 fuse.

hmm, well phoned Ford and the windscreen is still under warranty :D as they replaced it less than 6 months ago after my accident, they are replacing it without question or hassle! excellent! now lets just hope it is the windscreen and not the fuse - or either way, I dont care I get a new windscreen free lol :P

Also John, at which point should I be touching the contacts? is that not the seal at the bottom of the window and for reference how would you reseal it?

its how i was told to test the windscreen, never done it personally lol i would of thought you can get hold of window sealant from diy stores and or the likes of Halfords.

Yeah, if it wasnt for the warranty I probably would do that anyway, but since it is! I may as well get the job done properly by a pro!

thats it like...if you have warrenty, find something to try and get your monies worth lol i personally suffer from my warranty runs out, car breaks! or if it does break its not covered! lol

Yeah roll on affording a kia with a shiny 7 year warranty B)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club