Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Fiesta Titanium Ordered!

PumpkinSteve

Yeah, I will soon. I haven't had a chance to take any yet as I've been too busy driving :)

Yeah, I will soon. I haven't had a chance to take any yet as I've been too busy driving :)

Sure...that's normal...driving comes first :D

Picked the Fiesta up yesterday and I love it :D it's so smooth to drive, very comfortable on motorways and other fast roads. I was a bit anxious about the 16" alloy giving a firm ride but I needn't have worried, the ride is excellent. The garage didn't leave me any petrol though, cost me over £45 to fill it up thi afternoon :(

I noticed something about the screen on my radio, the text is blue/ purple instead of red like the dash display and ambient lights, is this a new thing?

I remember the first day I got mine, every time I arrived back home after a little drive I wanted to go out in it again.

And yes, all 2011 fiesta titaniums (post sept 2010 build I believe?), get the sony sound system which comes with a white text screen, rather than orange/red text.

Enjoy, and I'm looking forward to the pics.

Paul :)

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered my new Fiesta Titanium at the weekend :)

1.6 TDCi in Vision Blue

Full Dress Up Kit

Keyless Entry

Interior Pack 2

Spare Wheel

Total cost came to £14,106 with free parking sensors and Diamondbrite 'life time' cover

Est Build Date: 31st May 2011

At VHC: 11th June 2011

Est Pickup Date: 18th-23rd June 2011

Around a 7 week wait at the moment unless they bring it forward/push it back.

Getting pretty excited :) going to be uncontrollable excitement nearer the time though :)

Had my 1.6 TDCi near 4 months now. Just past 2800 miles and I consider her still not run in. Will drop oil after 3000 miles. Started off at 57mpg and now averaging 61mpg. Recently got 65mpg over 500 miles. I only use BP or Shell super diesel juice tho, not cheap but I'm aiming to keep her for a good few miles and years yet. + the lack of rattle from the engine worth it. Just remember to clean out your DPF once your engine nicely loosened. Happy motoring and enjoy your beast.

Going to sound really dim now..how would you go about cleaning the DPF? and how often?

Your DPF cleans your emissions which explains your £20 road tax rate. It works by stopping and collecting the sooty bits from getting into the air, then burning them up in the DPF. But to work it needs to get hot. So after you got engine upto operating temp. 10 minutes. You need at least 20 minutes at over 2000 revs. It will mention this in the manual, even recommending using lower gear to achieve high revs. It doesnt mention time scale I got that from reading other comments on DPF's. When you see 'Dont buy a diesel with a DPF' I got real noisy as to why not. Search google! Just remember if you just pootle about your DPF will over time clog up to a point your engine might de-rate itself or you need a dealer to clean/replace it. (4 figures?). But your safe for your 1st 3000 miles I'd say. Seen 75000 miles mentioned as a guide but who knows for sure. Once I clear 3000 mile mark gonna aim for once a week run. Prevention better than cure?

Your DPF cleans your emissions which explains your £20 road tax rate. It works by stopping and collecting the sooty bits from getting into the air, then burning them up in the DPF. But to work it needs to get hot. So after you got engine upto operating temp. 10 minutes. You need at least 20 minutes at over 2000 revs. It will mention this in the manual, even recommending using lower gear to achieve high revs. It doesnt mention time scale I got that from reading other comments on DPF's. When you see 'Dont buy a diesel with a DPF' I got real noisy as to why not. Search google! Just remember if you just pootle about your DPF will over time clog up to a point your engine might de-rate itself or you need a dealer to clean/replace it. (4 figures?). But your safe for your 1st 3000 miles I'd say. Seen 75000 miles mentioned as a guide but who knows for sure. Once I clear 3000 mile mark gonna aim for once a week run. Prevention better than cure?

So as I do Motorway miles to and from Northampton to Milton Keynes everyday which is about 20 miles door to door, will that be enough for the DPF to self clean?

So as I do Motorway miles to and from Northampton to Milton Keynes everyday which is about 20 miles door to door, will that be enough for the DPF to self clean?

I do the same journey and 16,000 miles hassle-free so far ;) (in regards to the DPF, don't get me started on other issues... lol)

Thats ok then :) I'm intrigued what are the other issues Nathan? :) as long as it'll be covered under warranty its ok :P

Door seals coming off (both), getting stuck in gear, engine spluttering at low refs in traffics, brakes squealing, passenger window not always closing, heater not efficient in cold weather, I could go on.... lol

Door seals coming off (both), getting stuck in gear, engine spluttering at low refs in traffics, brakes squealing, passenger window not always closing, heater not efficient in cold weather, I could go on.... lol

Overall rating of the car (considering the issues)? :D

Overall rating of the car (considering the issues)? :D

I love it :D

Have you still not taken your car to Allen Ford to sort the door seal?

Glad you still love it though with all that..I would too :P

Have you still not taken your car to Allen Ford to sort the door seal?

Passenger one was done 6 weeks ago, drivers one is being done Monday.

I love it :D

Great :D

I'm looking at all the new cars being purchased in this thread, and I have a question! Did you all go through the dealer direct? Or did you use a site that I've seen on here called drivethedeal? As I will be looking to buy within the next few months, and the savings they are offering at the moment are upto £3179.

I was looking at Drivethedeal too..I ended up buying from the dealer though I took the quote I got from Drivethedeal and the dealer matched it..

Just do that and see what you get for it..if they don't match it or get close then go through the website =)

What spec are you looking at getting?

I was looking at Drivethedeal too..I ended up buying from the dealer though I took the quote I got from Drivethedeal and the dealer matched it..

Just do that and see what you get for it..if they don't match it or get close then go through the website =)

What spec are you looking at getting?

Thanks for the reply, 1.6 TDCI Titanium 3 door, Full body kit, Upgrade to 7 spoke wheels, Drivers lumbar support (getting old) ;) Keyless entry with power start, Fords want £16320, Drivethedeal will do it for £13176. Saving £3143.

As I am paying debit card it will take me another month or so to get the extra. Also if it can take upto 10 weeks for delivery, is it best to hold on for the new plates? Or will prices shoot up?

Sorry to the original poster for hijacking your thread :unsure:

reading through people's comments on here, i cant pretend my time with the fez aint been without there issues, but my god i love the car, my mum prefers it to her massive merc ml and its only the 1.2! (but she wouldn't swap :P) its a brilliant car, even when the wheel arch guard fell off i still couldn't say a bad word, neither could i when the stereo packed in and the wish bar & shocks snapped rather too easily lol... but i a student 1st year at uni... if i could afford to fix it up i think almost anyone can

Thanks for the reply, 1.6 TDCI Titanium 3 door, Full body kit, Upgrade to 7 spoke wheels, Drivers lumbar support (getting old) ;) Keyless entry with power start, Fords want £16320, Drivethedeal will do it for £13176. Saving £3143.

As I am paying debit card it will take me another month or so to get the extra. Also if it can take upto 10 weeks for delivery, is it best to hold on for the new plates? Or will prices shoot up?

Sounds good :) not far off my spec :)

Thats a good price too :) I was going to be waiting for the new plates but in the end I just couldn't wait :P you may find that the spec you want could already be scheduled to be built so it may be a shorter wait :) mine was due to be built anyway so mines only a 6 week wait :)

You may find that prices will be cheaper around August/September time due to the new plates and they normally have good marketing deals around then

Have you been to a dealer to see how much discount they will give you? The one I went to knocked £2000 off the price, they said they could have even beaten Drive The Deal if I had not had a car to part-ex.

Just had a bizarre thing happen: The dealer just phoned me up in a panic, the finance company has blocked my application for finance because the signature on my driving licence and finance application did not match exactly...the weird thing is that I ordered my car 3 months ago and have actually been driving the car for 3 weeks, and they've waited until now :lol: what the hell??

Imagine if I can't get them looking the same, they'll have to take the car back!

Just had a bizarre thing happen: The dealer just phoned me up in a panic, the finance company has blocked my application for finance because the signature on my driving licence and finance application did not match exactly...the weird thing is that I ordered my car 3 months ago and have actually been driving the car for 3 weeks, and they've waited until now :lol: what the hell??

Imagine if I can't get them looking the same, they'll have to take the car back!

This is ridiculous...

• 2 months later...

I thought I'd give an update as I've now owned my car for three months! I've just hit the 1000 miles mark two days ago too :)

The longer I own the car the more I like it, I think now that I'm getting used to it and the car is becoming more loose I'm able to appreciate what a fine handling beast it is, I couldn't really tell at first as everything was so tight. Even though my Fuelly signature shows 39MPG I think I may have made a mistake inputting the data as the car is showing 44MPG and from what I've worked out it seems to be accurate, I will be happy if I can get close to the claimed 48MPG although I generally don't drive on the motorway so it may not be possible.

I have a couple of negative things to say:

First: some numpty in the design department decided to put both air vents behind the driver's hands at the 10 and 2 o clock positions so air can not reach your face.

Second: The air con is terrible (maybe it's just my car) and even at the lowest temperature is not much colder than the standard air blowers. I think I may get this checked out at some point, if there is nothing wrong with my car and all Fiestas are like this then I would not buy another, it's that big of an issue to me.

Third: My car makes a whine sound on startup, actually it sounds more like a whistling sound like "wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee". It isn't the brakes as it happens before the car moves, I'm thinking maybe a belt or something.

That's it. Not major problems but still annoying niggles nonetheless, apart from those my ownership has been pretty enjoyable so far, it's fun to drive an now I've passed 1000 miles I can finally drive it a little more enthusiastically. I did take it out for a little run on Friday night when the roads were clear :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club