Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Fiesta Titanium Ordered!

PumpkinSteve

Second: The air con is terrible (maybe it's just my car) and even at the lowest temperature is not much colder than the standard air blowers. I think I may get this checked out at some point, if there is nothing wrong with my car and all Fiestas are like this then I would not buy another, it's that big of an issue to me.

You might have a problem with it...go and check it out.

Anyway, good that you are enjoying the car more ;)

First: some numpty in the design department decided to put both air vents behind the driver's hands at the 10 and 2 o clock positions so air can not reach your face.

I thought I was the only one to notice thing! Does annoy me when it's a hot day and I get cold hands but nowt to face!

Second: The air con is terrible (maybe it's just my car) and even at the lowest temperature is not much colder than the standard air blowers. I think I may get this checked out at some point, if there is nothing wrong with my car and all Fiestas are like this then I would not buy another, it's that big of an issue to me.

I would go and have this checked out as soon as you can, even though I would say the air con isn't the best ever, my car is about 6 months old and has to had the air con compressor replaced last month because it was broke!

I would go and have this checked out as soon as you can, even though I would say the air con isn't the best ever, my car is about 6 months old and has to had the air con compressor replaced last month because it was broke!

Wow...that doesn't sound promising...

Anybody else had problems with the AC?

I have a couple simple questions about the A/C. The titanium models come with a climate control module and you can adjust the temperture/climate to how you want it. Now, with the engine fan i only notice it running when the A/C is on as well. Any reason why the engine fan doesn't come on any other time? Only sometimes i enjoy just turning the climate control off and rolling down the windows. I haven't had my car during the winter yet so i'm just wondering how it works to keep the engine cool during the winter months.

Don't really want to be turning off the A/C if this actually turns off the engine cooling fan and causing the engine to overheat unless it can live without the fan when A/C is off.

Wow...that doesn't sound promising...

Anybody else had problems with the AC?

Well I don't know if I have a problem but I do find the A/C cr*p. The minimum temperature is a cool-ish breeze but not as cold or as powerful as I'd like. So i'd then have to turn up the fan to 3 or 4 but it's just a slightly faster cool-ish breeze. Defiantly doesn't have the chilling to freezing capabilities that my dads old corsas air con had.

Well I don't know if I have a problem but I do find the A/C cr*p. The minimum temperature is a cool-ish breeze but not as cold or as powerful as I'd like. So i'd then have to turn up the fan to 3 or 4 but it's just a slightly faster cool-ish breeze. Defiantly doesn't have the chilling to freezing capabilities that my dads old corsas air con had.

Yes! the 16 degrees that it shows as the lowest setting is definitely not 16 degrees in reality. My last car was a Yaris and 16 degrees on that was ice cold.

I have a couple simple questions about the A/C. The titanium models come with a climate control module and you can adjust the temperture/climate to how you want it. Now, with the engine fan i only notice it running when the A/C is on as well. Any reason why the engine fan doesn't come on any other time?

Only sometimes i enjoy just turning the climate control off and rolling down the windows. I haven't had my car during the winter yet so i'm just wondering how it works to keep the engine cool during the winter months.

Don't really want to be turning off the A/C if this actually turns off the engine cooling fan and causing the engine to overheat unless it can live without the fan when A/C is off.

The fan is thermostatically controlled and will come on if the engine coolant gets above a threshold temperature as directed by the ECU.

The fan also comes on when the AC compressor is running because, in front of the radiator, is the AC condenser matrix - which also needs cooling.

Having the AC off will not stop the fan coming on if the ECU orders it to, because the engine temp is too high. So to answer your question

Any reason why the engine fan doesn't come on any other time?

the simple answer is that it does come on, if the ECU commands it to. But it will be on all the time if the AC compressor is running as well.

Hope that helps a bit

• Like 2

Well...what can I do now...already bought the car :D

It's good that summer will end soon ;)

The fan is thermostatically controlled and will come on if the engine coolant gets above a threshold temperature as directed by the ECU.

The fan also comes on when the AC compressor is running because, in front of the radiator, is the AC condenser matrix - which also needs cooling.

Having the AC off will not stop the fan coming on if the ECU orders it to, because the engine temp is too high. So to answer your question

the simple answer is that it does come on, if the ECU commands it to. But it will be on all the time if the AC compressor is running as well.

Hope that helps a bit

That was well explained, thanks! I guess i just had that question because i hadn't seen it come on with a/c off. It must just be running cool even though it sits in the sun all day! lol

I don't know I seem to find the air conditioning cold enough, usually I have to turn it up because I start to get too cold! But I haven't really used it much (being up in Scotland) but its good enough for me!

I don't know I seem to find the air conditioning cold enough, usually I have to turn it up because I start to get too cold! But I haven't really used it much (being up in Scotland) but its good enough for me!

That's great... finally somebody happy about the AC :D

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club