Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Fiesta Ordered!

DaveFord

Hello All,

With increasing fuel prices and an average cost of £98 to fill up my 57-plate Mondeo 1.8TDCi Zetec, it's time for it to go.

I was aiming for the TItanium, but honestly, my annual mileage doesn't warrant the additional cost over the Zetec, so that's what I went for, although I love driving Diesels, when I could have gone for the 1.4 Petrol. I ordered an 11-plate Fiesta Zetec 1.6 TDCi Zetec 5-door, with bluetooth and USB, in frozen white.

The Ford list price is £14,745 for this spec. I got them down to £12,495, with £8000 part-exchange for the Mondeo, with a cash difference of £4495.

This will be my 6th Ford and my 2nd Fiesta, the previous being a mk6 54-plate 1.25 LX. Looking forward to taking delivery soon.....!

Great choice! probably the best choice of engine for power and most importantly economy.

I also have the 1.6 tdci and with £20 a year road tax you cant go wrong.

Before the recent rise in fuel £10 would get me nearly 90 miles. Now it gets me about 79 - 82 miles from £10 from empty (2-3 miles) haha

Bet you cant wait to get it :)

...it gets me about 79 - 82 miles from £10 from empty (2-3 miles) haha

2-3 miles from empty! i !Removed! out when it just goes below 20 miles on the computer!

have to agree that you've made a decent choice too on the 1.6tdci, I only swapped mine for the 1.6 petrol as I want to enjoy it before the fuel runs out soon enough... :(

Have to say that a £10 fill up comes up with bugger all now though! be lucky to see it reach 80miles...haha

good choice of engine, and colour for that matter, I like white fiestas. can't wait for your review and pics ;)

Sounds like you got a good deal there.

I reckon that you'll be pleasantly surprised with how the Fiesta has come on over recent years - I'm sure that it will at least be easier to park!

Thanks for all the positive comments guys. It's good to be back on the Fiesta side of the Ford forums! I'm definitely looking forward to easier parking - my Mondeo is such a barge that I have to check the shipping forecast when I go out in it! :D

My office car park is really tight too, so parking my Mondy usually involves lots of shuffling backwards and forwards to make it fit.

I have to call the dealer tomorrow and find out when I can expect my 'White Knight'....! I'll take some pics and post them when it's delivered.

...sorry, did I really call it 'White Knight'? Seriously......

Hi got exactly the same model... Had since Sept 2010... Done 6k in it now, current fuel prices make it about £45 to fill... Not sure exactly how many miles that does, but the trip comp says its avg. 56mpg...

Low servicing costs are a big plus point to...

Any questions, just ask...

The 1.6 TDCI is a brilliant engine, very nippy in town but great on motorways too :D I am sure you will have great fun driving it it really is a blast :D

I bet your excited :)

Driving past the dealer today, I noticed that the Zetec 5dr they have in the showroom has dropped in price by £300. So, I promptly went in to the showroom and spoke with the Manager. My new car will now come with parking sensors fitted, sill scuff plates and velour mats, for free. Seems like a deal to me.....!

Popped by the dealer today and noticed my new Fiesta sitting there....looking kinda grubby. Hope it looks better when I pick it up tomorrow....

LS11CFV-1.jpg

Nice! Love the number plate but can't imagine it's road legal ;)

I guess that answers the question of 'will it blend?'

I got my new car yesterday morning! Yay - so happy to be out of the colossal Mondeo and into a nice, small, agile, brand-new Fiesta! Shame the weather was crap - I wanted to take more pictures, but it was tipping down all day long yesterday. Still, here's a few pics of the the new girl in my life.....

Elise1.jpg

Elise3.jpg

Elise2.jpg

Elise4.jpg

I'm looking forward to the next two years of happy motoring in her!

The 5 door zetec looks nice in white.Good choice. :D

hopefully the weather picks up now so you wont spend half your time cleaning it like i did!

driving in snow slush made it completely brown in no time. made the mistake of going to a car wash for the first time ever too and ended up with a vertical line straight down the middle of the back where the rollers didnt meet...it looked like an !Removed! crack. FAIL!

yes, there are more white ones nowadays but it still stands out, at least its actually white and not slightly beige like certain minis/fiat 500's. enjoy!

WHilst the fiesta looks nice, surely there was another reason to trade in a mondeo?

Because it costs £98 to fill up, your paying an extra £4000 for a newer car, plus depreciation etc. The fiesta will still costs ~£50/55 to fill up, its going to take you a hell of alot of miles to make up that £4000,

Trading in a perfectly good car for a brand new one isnt cost saving. You will probably lose that 4k difference within 2 years of having this fiesta.

if anything your not saving at all.

Fair point really - the £4000 difference didn't come out of my pocket, thanks to a windfall. You're making an assumption though, that I've traded-in a 'perfectly good car'. The Mondeo was getting costly - running costs on a Mondeo are substantially more than a Fiesta - I've spent over £600 in tyres in the last couple of months, servicing in the £300 region, more expensive insurance, a full tank of fuel costing more (which is all relative really, as the Mondeo has a 70 litre tank), but 35mpg vs 50mpg (average) in the Fiesta. Plus, the Mondeo was 6 months out of warranty.

Additionally, the Mondeo had serious reliability issues, the bluetooth failed, it would start when it chose to, I'd park it up at night and next morning the battery would be completely flat and there would be no diagnostic codes at all. The rear wheel bearings were on their way out, and there's a really weird knocking sound from the back-end, around 70-80mph.

Bottom line - whatever my motives for buying the new Fiesta - they're largely irrelevant here. I'm just enjoying my new car. It's paid for, and it's mine. Simple!

whilst I can appreciate there are some potentially rather large issues, id imagine they are all fixable with the right mechanic ad not skimping on parts. All cars require tyres, depends on what make you buy, £600 seems rather steep even for a full set of tyres unless you have titanium X sport Tyres. You should get 20k out of new tyres anyway. Id imagine that your £300 servicing cost includes additonal work to be carried out, a standard service wouldnt cost that much. unless its major service which is every other year? same as the fiesta. You could even purchase an aftermarket warranty and still have a hell of alot of cash left over and piece of mind.

Im not having a go, just annoys me when people justify buying a new car as a cost saving exercise, it isn't.

All this aside enjoy the car, because the fiesta's are fantastic. Id imagine yours is alot more comfortable then mine as i have the 17" wheels.

Unless you have intimate knowledge of my personal financial situation, which you don't, it's pure conjecture on your part. I know that I stand to save at least £1500 per year, over the next 3 years. I'm smart enough to have worked out my finances and what I'm saving by making this change.

You're right though - the Zetec on 15" rims is a much smoother ride than a Fiesta (or Mondeo) on 17"'s....

There is a lot of negativity on the Fiesta forum recently. All DaveFord was doin was telling people of his new car and he gettin a grilling on his finances and its not right. Just be happy for the guy

Thanks for the support adzmcp :)

Plus: new car feeling = priceless :)

Plus: new car feeling = priceless :)

So true :D Enjoy your new car DaveFord!