Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts
  • Name: Alan
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7 Titanium 1.4 Auto - Marello
  • Year: 2009

Posted 25 July 2011 - 06:56 AM

Rattle back. So tried the "electricians plastic tape" as per magenta and now appears 100% sorted. Hard to believe that much noise was emanating from such a small thing.

Quiet at last......

Glad you sorted it. It was quite an annoying rattle and once you had heard it, it wouldn't go away despite passengers saying they couldn't hear anything !
Perhaps Ford should increase the diameter of the 'loop' part rather than redesign the catch. You would have thought that Ford would have perfected such a basic fundemental part of the car by now !

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#32 PumpkinSteve

PumpkinSteve

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 284 posts
  • Name: Steven
  • Ford Model: Focus Titanium 1.6 125ps
  • Year: 2011

Posted 01 October 2011 - 04:35 AM

I've had this rattle for a good while now, it's been totally me mad. I forced my Brother to sit in the back while I drove about and shouted "identify that noise, soldier!", still couldn't find it. I tried adhesive felt all over the place, removing the parcel shelf, folding rear seats down, adjusting the rubber stops on the boot etc...

Now I've come across this thread I think this will fix it. I noticed that when I drive over speed bumps my boot rattles as if the 'U' part of the boot mechanism on the body needs adjusting lower to tighten the boot up. I have some very thin adhesive felt which I'll also wrap around the 'U', hopefully the boot will still close.

#33 PumpkinSteve

PumpkinSteve

Feet Under The Table

• FOC Supporters
  • 284 posts
  • Name: Steven
  • Ford Model: Focus Titanium 1.6 125ps

Posted 03 October 2011 - 05:11 PM

Problem not solved :( it wasn't the boot mechanism. I'm still being driven mad.

#34 mynameismada

mynameismada

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Name: Mada
  • Ford Model: Fiesta

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:09 AM

i have the same issue and unfortunately mine didn't work by taping the boot mechanism. I took apart the plastic in the weekend and as far as I can tell, the creaking comes from the hatch, somewhere in the low right, but somehow between the two parts of metal that makes the hatch(i don't know if I made myself understood). After I took the plastic off, there are some holes there, can I put some spray, or foam, or something inside the metal? any other ideas?

Posted Image

#35 mynameismada

mynameismada

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Name: Mada
  • Ford Model: Fiesta

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:30 AM

no other ideas? other people that had the same or similar problem?

#36 RICHIELOU

RICHIELOU

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Name: RICHARD
  • Ford Model: Focus 1.0l
  • Year: 2013

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:48 PM

I too have a creaking boot and have found it is the tailgate trim vibrating against the back screen.I put some cloth tape between the glass and the trim and no creaking. :D

#37 AJ_sXe

AJ_sXe

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  • Name: AJ
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.0L EcoBoost Titanium
  • Year: 2013

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:02 PM

When I pull out of my drive I have a squeak/creak noise that at first sounded like a shock absorber not working properly but after shaking my rear seats it appears to be them not fitting into their latches properly so I'm gonna try some heavy duty Raja tape at work tomorrow over all the metal "loops" (boot and seats) to see if it stops :angry:

#38 Wickwick10_1

Wickwick10_1

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts
  • Name: Chris
  • Ford Model: Focus Titanium

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:32 PM

Hi there

Does anyone else have a creaking boot on thier MK7 Fiesta...? If so does anyone know what the fix is cos its driving me mad.....

Thanx
Ken

I had Mk 7 ZS and mine rattled , ford changed the lock and it went away ? Not sure if this was issue or lock change removal disturbed / cured rattle ?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users