• Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts
    • Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save

Sign in to follow this  
MrBurns

Help With A Couple Of Problems

Hello all,

I've had my 59 Fiesta Titanium 1.6TD since November 2009 and have had a couple of annoying problems with it this winter:

1) My passenger side headlight keeps blowing. I think I've changed it 3 times so far this winter! I've taken it back to the dealer and they are adament there is nothing wrong with it. Has anyone else had a problem like this? I've been using Halford's own bulbs, so I'm going to try a different type this time.

2) I've had problems with the car misting up when the temperature drops below 5C. I've worked out this happens because I leave the aircon switched on all the time and when it turns itself off (when the outside temperature drops too low) all of the windows in the car will steam up and remain that way for ages - days in some cases when the temperature remains cold. I don't remember it being this bad at all last winter, however the dealer is convinced there is nothing wrong with it. Is this a common issue? I've taken to leaving the aircon switched off now and this solves the problem.

3) This might be linked to the above, but i've noticed that the interior of the car doesn't warm up very much in the colder weather. To get the car mildly warm, I have to set the climate control to 28C and even then it doesn't get hot! The blowers are working, but the temperature of the air coming out is mild at best.

I was hoping someone more knowledgeable than me might be able to advise of possible causes of some of these problems?

Thanks in advance.

Richard

I find mine does not warm up well either compared to the mk6 I had and that was without climate control.

1) My passenger side headlight keeps blowing. I think I've changed it 3 times so far this winter! I've taken it back to the dealer and they are adament there is nothing wrong with it. Has anyone else had a problem like this? I've been using Halford's own bulbs, so I'm going to try a different type this time.

This is a known Ford fault - go back to your dealer and quote TSB No.65/2010

Should a customer express concern about repeated, blown headlamp bulbs on one or both headlamps, the probable cause is a voltage spike in the electrical vehicle system.

• NOTE: Fiesta 2008.75: It is not required to remove the headlamp assembly on the right-hand side.

• NOTE: Kuga 2008.5: It is not required to remove the headlamp assemblies completely.

To rectify this concern, an resistor wire should be installed on both headlamps between the current electrical socket and the headlamp bulb H7.