Do Not Sell My Personal Information

After Marlet Xeon Kits

tootall

After putting on a aftermarket kit on my previous VW Passat I was blown away with the light emitted. It was great at night, really lit up motorway signs and was easy on your eyes when driving. I was a total convert. So just recently buying my Mondeo Zetec estate i was interested in getting the headlights converted to Xeon headlamps. I thought it being a fairly new car i would look into having the proper kit installed by a ford garage. However after talking to them they informed me it would cost thousands of pounds since suspension bits and all sorts would have to be changed. Something about the headlamps moving when the car goes around corners and up and down in dips. So I said I'm better off going to after market kits then, which he agreed. So I rang the internet site who sent me their kit the last time and i was informed that actually these HID Kits are not actually road legal! Apparently because they are fixed lights and don't move. I was told though that they would pass a MOT at the level set and my last car indeed did.

So I'm interested if anyone else has got these aftermarket HID kits on and have had any trouble having them on by the police? I have to say it wasn't obvious on the site that the kits aren't legal and i wonder how many of their customers realise this.

xeon headlights should be linked to the suspension by sensors so that they automattically adjust if you load the car(self leveling). basically its so you dont dazzel other road users by the headlights being set to high.you also need headlight washers

xeon headlights should be linked to the suspension by sensors so that they automattically adjust if you load the car(self leveling). basically its so you dont dazzel other road users by the headlights being set to high.you also need headlight washers

Thanks for your reply mintalking, I appreciate you taking the time to reply and it has made things a bit clearer

After putting on a aftermarket kit on my previous VW Passat I was blown away with the light emitted. It was great at night, really lit up motorway signs and was easy on your eyes when driving. I was a total convert. So just recently buying my Mondeo Zetec estate i was interested in getting the headlights converted to Xeon headlamps. I thought it being a fairly new car i would look into having the proper kit installed by a ford garage. However after talking to them they informed me it would cost thousands of pounds since suspension bits and all sorts would have to be changed. Something about the headlamps moving when the car goes around corners and up and down in dips. So I said I'm better off going to after market kits then, which he agreed. So I rang the internet site who sent me their kit the last time and i was informed that actually these HID Kits are not actually road legal! Apparently because they are fixed lights and don't move. I was told though that they would pass a MOT at the level set and my last car indeed did.

So I'm interested if anyone else has got these aftermarket HID kits on and have had any trouble having them on by the police? I have to say it wasn't obvious on the site that the kits aren't legal and i wonder how many of their customers realise this.

hi, i have had xenon's on both my mercedes your supposed to have headlight wash and self leveling/ headlights. no problems from police followed and passed them for thousands of miles in dark. if you get the right kit it should throw the right pattern on the road and you will not interfere with any other road user. get hids that are 4300kelvin these are the brightest and are as near to the manufacturers as is possible be weary of any that are cheap 6000/9000 kelvin wrong colour and poor light, also remember to get a kit that's compatible with the bulb warning system on your car or you will continue to get a bulb out warning on your computer, hids4u will tell you the right kit for your car.

• 2 months later...
hi, i have had xenon's on both my mercedes your supposed to have headlight wash and self leveling/ headlights. no problems from police followed and passed them for thousands of miles in dark. if you get the right kit it should throw the right pattern on the road and you will not interfere with any other road user. get hids that are 4300kelvin these are the brightest and are as near to the manufacturers as is possible be weary of any that are cheap 6000/9000 kelvin wrong colour and poor light, also remember to get a kit that's compatible with the bulb warning system on your car or you will continue to get a bulb out warning on your computer, hids4u will tell you the right kit for your car.

xenon headlights do not comply with the road vehicle lighting regulations and are not type approved in the uk

however because they are type approved in another eu country they cannot be prevented from being used in the uk

after market converions do not comply with the regs and are not type approved so are illegal

• 2 months later...
xenon headlights do not comply with the road vehicle lighting regulations and are not type approved in the uk

however because they are type approved in another eu country they cannot be prevented from being used in the uk

after market converions do not comply with the regs and are not type approved so are illegal

Get a good quality kit and you will never have a problem. Have always used www.superhids.co.uk on all the cars I've had. Brilliant kits and great service too. Always passes MOT. I use 6000k ones. Wouldn't own a car without HIDs now.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club