Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Accelerator Possible Sticking?

qwerty1982

Hi,

Just got my Focus Zetec 2002 the other day. After a few days driving it, i feel that when i change from 1st gear to 2nd, the rev's dont drop straight away meaning you get that high rev sound as you get into the next gear.... make sense? Is this a common fault? Easy fix? Or is it just my bad driving?

Does the pedal stick? like when you lift off does it take long for the revs to to go down? and do you have to move the pedal to come back to its resting position?

Hi, no the pedal does not stick, it moves freely. It literally is only a matter of nano seconds that it seems to take to drop, but jsut seems slower than any other car that i have driven.

To start I thought it was just me getting used to driving it but even if not changing... just outting my foot on the clutch and bringing the accelerator up... you can hear the rev's stay for a moment before droppintg again.

Its not a massive issue, just didnt know if common or if there is any thing i can tweak :o)

Give the car a good service, it could also be a sensor malfunctioning, as you take your foot off, the sensor hasnt caught up. could be oxygen or MAF sensor...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club