Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just Purchased,detecting Cam Belt Age???

ddsdavey

Hi guys,i bought an 03' Focus Zetec just a few days ago and i am delighted.Looking at the little service history book it states all the services since birth.Now the seller (dealer) pointed out one of the services as being when it was last changed when i asked yet upon revision i cant see where he means.Now theres only ever been 1 official dealership thats dealt with this car (Sandiacre) so is it possible to contact them and find out if/when the cam belt was last done? Or is there any other way to be 100% sure,imnot interested in guessing as its not going to break the bank for a replacement,is it?

Appreciate all and any advice guys,cheers.

yes the dealership, will have a computer record to show what has been done. even at what date, time, mileage and by which engineer etc. but what you wont be able to do is to get a copy of this, as this may have personal details of the customer at the time and due to data protection they cant give you it. but you can ask for the date and mileage of when it was done.

yes the dealership, will have a computer record to show what has been done. even at what date, time, mileage and by which engineer etc. but what you wont be able to do is to get a copy of this, as this may have personal details of the customer at the time and due to data protection they cant give you it. but you can ask for the date and mileage of when it was done.

They should be able to remove the customers details from a copy so its worth asking , as they could print one out, and photocopy it without the customers details...

Always worth asking!

oh, and also, DPA shouldnt be a big deal, if you check your V5 certificate it has the previous owners details on there ;)

oh, and also, DPA shouldnt be a big deal, if you check your V5 certificate it has the previous owners details on there ;)

Lol,very good point,completely overlooked that!

Thanks guys,I paid £1975 for an 03' Zetec 1.6,1 previous owner,services yearly at dealership,68,000 miles and its IMMACULATE! I know zero about cars and ive had a few but i always wanted a nice Focus having hired one a few years back and now i have!

I know its nothing special and many of you guys have got beasts im sure but shes my Focus and i love her!

Yeah i see what you mean where it does show customer details, but the details that may print off on the record could have bank details on it and method of payment...that sort off thing. how would you feel if someone printed something off with your name, address and bank details on one sheet? im not saying its definate but its a possiblity, wont harm to ask tho.

what fuel is your car if you dont mind me asking? diesel or petrol?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club