ffiscool

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Name: F
  • Ford Model: Fiesta 1.25 Zetec 3 Door in Hot Magenta
  • Year: 2011

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:05 PM

Hi, I am just about to buy a new Fiesta 1.25 Zetec and cannot decide between the panther black and midnight sky... i saw the midnight sky in the showroom but under fluorescents... not in the daylight. it looks like there cold be a purple tinge? some pics on here it looks like a pale violet.. in others just dark grey

any thoughts and some have said it is a blue, but the one i saw is definitely not blue...... help

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 adzmcp

adzmcp

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S 2009
Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:53 PM

Yeah its supposed to be more blue than grey but I agree with you we have a few midnight sky cars like kuga etc and outside looks more violet. Still nice though

#3 ffiscool

ffiscool

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 05:59 PM

i just drove to a dealer that had the midnight sky on their forecourt.. it is nice, but then i spotted another, and have no idea if it was morello or hot magenta... anyone on here with pics of both? had to tell from the brochure online, although i think it was hot magenta. was on a 59 plate.. was hot magenta out then? i can ring dealer in morning to find out what colour it was.. but very nice

#4 Ryan9684

Ryan9684

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S Mk7

Posted 13 March 2011 - 07:16 PM

Hot magenta was an option on the fiesta from day 1.

#5 ffiscool

ffiscool

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 09:51 PM

thanks... just looking at pics online, i think it is morello... some make it look like deep burgundy/aubergine, and others, the metaillic is much lighter... hope morello as cheaper option

#6 Nicola 88

Nicola 88

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec 1.6 TDCI

Posted 13 March 2011 - 11:52 PM

i just drove to a dealer that had the midnight sky on their forecourt.. it is nice, but then i spotted another, and have no idea if it was morello or hot magenta... anyone on here with pics of both? had to tell from the brochure online, although i think it was hot magenta. was on a 59 plate.. was hot magenta out then? i can ring dealer in morning to find out what colour it was.. but very nice

Both Morello and hot magenta have been available for a long time now. Hot magenta is quite a bright colour, whereas morello is very deep and dark. Both are nice colours, however the magenta is more expensive than the morello.

Hot Magenta:
Posted Image

Morello:
Posted Image

#7 Ryan9684

Ryan9684

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec S Mk7

Posted 13 March 2011 - 11:57 PM

personally i love hot magenta, my ex got a car that colour and i would have loved it but in glasgow men dont drive pink cars :)

#8 ffiscool

ffiscool

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 03:32 PM

thanks for the pics!!! i just ordered the hot magenta.. the one i saw yesterday turned out to be hot magenta, but it didnt look that pink when out. then i saw two after i left the garage, and they looked a bit darker. i hope it was hot magenta i saw yesterday!!!

it def was not morello - lets hope i like it when i get it....... added on the auto rain sensors and headlights as quite a good package price wise

the midnight sky was a thought but quite flat i thought, and looked almost airforce blue in some lights

#9 kevin lancelott

kevin lancelott

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • Name: kevin
  • Ford Model: Focus Titanium X 1.6 tdci
  • Year: 2013

Posted 14 March 2011 - 03:50 PM

I think you should go wit hot magenta.My cousins wife got one that colour.Very nice.I dont like the other one.

#10 Nicola 88

Nicola 88

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 06:44 PM

thanks for the pics!!! i just ordered the hot magenta.. the one i saw yesterday turned out to be hot magenta, but it didnt look that pink when out. then i saw two after i left the garage, and they looked a bit darker. i hope it was hot magenta i saw yesterday!!!

it def was not morello - lets hope i like it when i get it....... added on the auto rain sensors and headlights as quite a good package price wise

the midnight sky was a thought but quite flat i thought, and looked almost airforce blue in some lights

Hot Magenta is a stunning colour, and its colour seems to change depending on the light. It can look very bright in the sun and in other lights almost dark red, you won't regret it. I have one and I love it, just can't wait for some nice warm weather to clean it XD

#11 ffiscool

ffiscool

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 07:00 PM

:-) looking forward to getting it... with this country, i guess it wont be that bright that often then, eh....

also added rear parking sensors

v exciting getting a new car

#12 Jeff McCrory

Jeff McCrory

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Fiesta MK7 Zetec

Posted 15 March 2011 - 11:25 PM

I got my new fiesta last month in Midnight Sky and i love it! It looks more or less like a gun metal grey until light bounces off it.
Under sunlight it looks mostly grey with a slightly purple tinge. Under artificial light it looks almost bluey purple.

Posted Image

#13 ffiscool

ffiscool

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 12:21 AM

It is really nice. I think I veered off a bit as last three
cars have been grey. Worrying a bit now re
hot magenta but done. I like the dark micastone
but not on zetec range.

#14 Nicola 88

Nicola 88

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 12:54 AM

How long do you have to wait for your car ffiscool?

I really love Midnight Sky, wasn't an option when I got my car though :(

#15 ffiscool

ffiscool

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 10:15 AM

i think only til the end of next week - or perhaps beg of april, but not long.

I do like the midnight sky, v much.. and think the sea grey was lovely too... but if i hadnt had 3 greys... and i would have gone for the black but because of the pack i have chosen (headlights and rain sensors) there wasnt a black already in the compound. i needed to do it in march to get the bluetooth and other bits plus good part exch on mine (although prob selling mine privately)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users