• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 gringo156

gringo156

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Ford Model: focus

Posted 13 March 2011 - 01:03 PM

hiy everyone dont no if this is the place for this but i hope sombody can help someone stole my ecu from under the car a couple days ago so im looking for a new one or a good second hand one ive got a 2007 focus 1.8 petrol and have been to ford who advised me that part number for unit i need is 7u71-12a650-ca with engine code being qqdb if enyone can help would be very gratful as i want to keep car and i dont want to go through insurance any help would be apreciated gringo 156

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 20,961 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 14 March 2011 - 08:24 AM

Consider your local scrappy, although the car is "too new" to end up there you do get the odd few that are written off for something or other. I cant remember if the ECU is specific to the engine, or if its a general ECU, even then I think if you were to get one second hand, maybe Ford could re-program it for less?

#3 gringo156

gringo156

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 09:16 AM

just found one but i think guy is taking the biscut a bit 240 pound not far of what ford are charging for a new one but cause i havent got my old unit ford want an extra 75 pound i dont no seems a lot of hassle for such a small part lol

#4 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 20,961 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 14 March 2011 - 04:10 PM

hmmm, I dont know why they want the extra 75 but I would get in writing the reason why.

as for the cost, you may as well buy it from Ford, for a brand new and guaranteed part!

The problem is its a small part, but its the entire brain of the computer, and brain surgery is a very expensive procedure!!

unfortunately that might be the cheapest you get!

#5 gringo156

gringo156

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 March 2011 - 07:56 PM

how ford works it is if i buy theres i pay a total of 398.33. but they will give me back 75 pound of that if i give them my old unit. crazy i no but i havent got it lol. 400 quid just a kick in teeth. plus i no ill have to pay around 400 to get the new one coded to the car as been tuthrough this before a few years back promised myself i wouldnt go through that agin lol and hear we are guess been trying all ways to find a replacment without all the cost ill keep trying a bit longer see what comes up but i suppose its give me a bit of knolege around this area and anyone on hear have the same problem i can advise them lol ill keep in touch and let you no how getting on

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users