Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Member Here

modman

Hi Guys

Just joined the forum today. Am the owner of a Focus 2.0 TDCi, 2006 Zetec. Happy with the car in general despite a couple of episodes of bad luck, i.e. it needed a new Alt at 50,000 miles.

I have a question though. I'm not particulartly mechanically minded and my knowledge of the inner workings of cars doesn't stretch much farther than changing pads and discs. I had the car serviced the other day. 63000 miles, Standard. But upon driving it away afterwards the Engine Systems Fault warning immediately showed. I took it back it the Garage (Kwikfit; I know!) and they told me that the warning came on during the service but that no fault code was sent, hence they had blanked the warning and continued with the service. But as I drove the car around the warning reappeared and disappeared intermittently, something I've never encountered before. Kwikfit agreed that they could have unwittingly caused something while they were doing the under-the-bonnet part of the service, and agreed to take it in again and try to find out what was wrong.

They're now telling me, albeit extremely vaguely (made worse by the fact that the guy who told me this is not in today) that it MIGHT be something to do with the fuel pump. They won't be able to tell me more, if at all, until tomorrow, and have recommended that I take the car to Ford. I'm reluctant to just take the car away as then Kwikfit can simply deny responsibility for causing a fault, if indeed the !Removed! rookie doing my service, did. Does anyone know of anything similar to this happening? i.e. servicing actually CAUSING faults? If so, any ideas what it could be? I'm being told by one guy that there is still no fault code despite the warning message still appearing. But the other guy is mentioning the fuel pump. I'm !Removed! off and confused.

Cheers guys

Modman

i wouldnt take it away leave it thier its down to them if all was ok before them servicing it it needs to go on a computer to have a look at whats going on im wondering how or what makes him think its a fuel problem its ahard one really as you need to get a code reader on it ford does this but expensive kwick fit sounds like they havent got a computer to have a look and see what it is well if they have its a poor one as these will not read codes only expensive ones do id leave it their and refuse to take it away other wise you wont have a leg to stand on to sum up you need a good computer to read codes and cheap ones wont do the job i no my fault code reader woulnt find my codes so took to a back street garage who came up with 5 fault codes most of mine came from a blown fuse belive it or not changed fuse and got rid of four of the codes sorry cant be much of a help

Hi Guys

Just joined the forum today. Am the owner of a Focus 2.0 TDCi, 2006 Zetec. Happy with the car in general despite a couple of episodes of bad luck, i.e. it needed a new Alt at 50,000 miles.

I have a question though. I'm not particulartly mechanically minded and my knowledge of the inner workings of cars doesn't stretch much farther than changing pads and discs. I had the car serviced the other day. 63000 miles, Standard. But upon driving it away afterwards the Engine Systems Fault warning immediately showed. I took it back it the Garage (Kwikfit; I know!) and they told me that the warning came on during the service but that no fault code was sent, hence they had blanked the warning and continued with the service. But as I drove the car around the warning reappeared and disappeared intermittently, something I've never encountered before. Kwikfit agreed that they could have unwittingly caused something while they were doing the under-the-bonnet part of the service, and agreed to take it in again and try to find out what was wrong.

They're now telling me, albeit extremely vaguely (made worse by the fact that the guy who told me this is not in today) that it MIGHT be something to do with the fuel pump. They won't be able to tell me more, if at all, until tomorrow, and have recommended that I take the car to Ford. I'm reluctant to just take the car away as then Kwikfit can simply deny responsibility for causing a fault, if indeed the !Removed! rookie doing my service, did. Does anyone know of anything similar to this happening? i.e. servicing actually CAUSING faults? If so, any ideas what it could be? I'm being told by one guy that there is still no fault code despite the warning message still appearing. But the other guy is mentioning the fuel pump. I'm !Removed! off and confused.

Cheers guys

Modman

Welcome to the fordownersclub forum Modman...

Though you are not a mechanic but after being in touch in this Forum i guess you will get lot and lot of information here.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club