Do Not Sell My Personal Information

heated windscreen

alz

Hi I have a Ford Focus 2005 1.8 LX TDCI, And have just changed my windscreen for a heated windscreen, I have fitted a relay, switch and two 40 amp fuses, and all the wiring is there but can not get it working, someone told me that I need to get it programed to use the heated windscreen,,, Can any one tell me if this is right..

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I have a Ford Focus 2005 1.8 LX TDCI, And have just changed my windscreen for a heated windscreen, I have fitted a relay, switch and two 40 amp fuses, and all the wiring is there but can not get it working, someone told me that I need to get it programed to use the heated windscreen,,, Can any one tell me if this is right..

Thanks

as it is controlled by the gem module you will need the gem module programming as it wont be set up for heated front windscreen

as it is controlled by the gem module you will need the gem module programming as it wont be set up for heated front windscreen

Thanks 'ade123' I will see if i can get someone to do the programming for me...

• 3 weeks later...

ford say that you can not program the gem to make the heated front windscreen work if it is after market fit,,cost me £90 to find this out..looks like I will have to do it my self, come to far to quit now..

• 2 weeks later...

Did it my self in the end, a lot of rewiring and a timer relay, also used ford heated windsreen switch and it works great..

• 3 months later...

Hi Alz,

Just found your post.

I'm keen to do this conversion myself on a Fiesta. There seems to be more to it than meets the eye. How is it that programming is involved? And also how did you manage the fitting of the new screen and supply of the necessary connectors etc.

In fact I've a number of questions!!

Can we make contact by phone (if that is easier?). Would you be prepared to reply off line to skyguard33-register@yahoo.co.uk with a contact number??

Look forward to hearing - thanks.

Terry

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club