Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ac Confunsion

driver6005

Hi folk's. i got a new fiesta with ac on it and when i turn the air distributor the dial that shows where the air is going to to the windscreen only the aircon comes on.

does anyone no why as at 3 am on a frosty morning i really dont need cold air lol.

Many thanks

Paul

aaaaah, thanks for clearing that up. I didnt want to ask the question incase it was a daft one

i may sound daft asking this i have never had aircon so i could only see it making the air even colder. so why would it clear the screen quicker.

i may sound daft asking this i have never had aircon so i could only see it making the air even colder. so why would it clear the screen quicker.

Basically, you are equalising the temperatures on the inside and outside when you use the cold AC to clear the screen.

The only other alternative is to use the de-mist on full blast and roast to death.

Also, when you are demisting, as opposed to defrosting, you will be bringing in de-humidified air which will assist the demisting.

Likewise if you have the air-con on when it's a wet day, there is far less chance of the windows steaming up.

Stewart.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club