Engine Oil Over Max Mark

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#16 johnH

johnH

Ford Enthusiast

• 1,091 posts
  • Name: John
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 Zetec 1.8 TDCI (Climate)
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 15 March 2011 - 02:09 PM

ah right my bad, for misunderstanding lol

yeah the haynes is all good and will tell you all you need. a note tho when it comes to fuel filter, make sure the rubber seal is sitting in the recess on the filter housing i discovered that if you dont do this it lets air in and you will not be able to start the car. the is also self priming.

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#17 catch

catch

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts
  • Ford Model: MK2.5 Focus 1.6 Titanium Petrol
  • Year: 2011
Posted 15 March 2011 - 04:06 PM

Have they finally brought out a Haynes Manual for the Mk2 Focus? I thought it was only for the Mk1.

Edit: out of interest could somebody tell me what time stamp is showing for this post when they read it. As I have my PC clock set to GMT+1.00 [Berlin time] I see 5.06pm. I'm only interested in knowing so I know the time other posters post their input.

Thanks

Why GMT+1.00.............don't ask B)

#18 johnH

johnH

Ford Enthusiast

• 1,091 posts
  • Name: John
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 Zetec 1.8 TDCI (Climate)
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 15 March 2011 - 08:41 PM

yeah its been out for a while lol got one in my posession but the black and white piccies are not the best.

Diesel haynes: http://www.amazon.co...00220984&sr=1-4

Petrol haynes: http://www.amazon.co...00220984&sr=1-3

its says on the DTS posted today, 4.06pm

#19 catch

catch

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts
Posted 15 March 2011 - 10:44 PM

yeah its been out for a while lol got one in my posession but the black and white piccies are not the best.

Diesel haynes: http://www.amazon.co...00220984&sr=1-4

Petrol haynes: http://www.amazon.co...00220984&sr=1-3

well I never....knew that.

its says on the DTS posted today, 4.06pm

That's funny because that is when it was posted, and that is what I'm seeing now on the DTS, so in that sense it is correct. But it did show 5.06pm at the time I posted it, which it would as far as my PC was concerned. But obviously having closed my browser and reconnected to the forum again it is showing actual time I last posted.

Ehup Edit: I having just made this post, it is now showing my last post as being at 5.06pm and this one at 11.44pm. :unsure:

Edit again: Obviously on visiting the forum but prior to logging on it shows the correct DTS. It obviously only shows the DTS as being an hour later when I log in, and it then records a time compatible to my PC time settings. Right that's that understood as far as I'm concerned...I can now move on :D

#20 poconnor

poconnor

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus Tdci

Posted 16 March 2011 - 06:45 AM

Was the haynes manual originally in colour then? This is the first one I have owned...

I have that problem with my pc, when I reply to a post it shows a completely different time to when I check it later....

#21 jeebowhite

jeebowhite

Resident Loon

• Super Mod
  • 16,086 posts
  • Name: James
  • Ford Model: Sea Grey Mondeo MKIV 1.8TDCi 140ps Zetec
  • Year: 2007
Contributor

Posted 16 March 2011 - 08:10 AM

Glow plugs... :lol:

LOL, it was one of those days, I new it was diesel, I knew it should have been a glow plug, but my fingers where on a different frequency altogether... :P

As for the Haynes, all manuals are in black and white, mainly because the cost of producing the manual in colour would mean that they have to pass on the charge to us. Printing in colour is a lot more expensive than black and white, because the printers they use, are probably the same ones that were used from the original Haynes Manual, and they probably didnt even know colour existed!

As for the focus MK2 manual, I believe it was out from about October 2005, could be wrong though...

Anyway, the mileage you have done and the plugs you have are probably the originals, maybe one change in there lifetime, so to get 50,000 miles out of them (or possibly more) they have done well. If you can change them yourself, then give it a go, they are *fairly* cheap.

I decided that if I cant move away from my focus, I am going to do a massive overhaul on the engine / exhaust / fuel system, and will replace pretty much everything I can see for a new part, just to increase the MPG, since the government have decided that they now have to sleep with at least one of my family pets, as well as charge me a ransom to top up one tank of fuel... Sorry went a little off topic there...

#22 catch

catch

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts
Posted 16 March 2011 - 10:19 AM

Was the haynes manual originally in colour then? This is the first one I have owned...

No always black and white as Jeeb said. I had one for my Volvo S40 but sold it on the Volvo forum for a tenner when I PX'ed the Volvo. Then on buying my current Focus back in October 09, there was only the Mk1 Focus ones available, so in that instance Jeeb was wrong :P

Seriously, I was reading the Amazon posted reviews for this newer addition to the Haynes library. And every body who already owned a Haynes manual are slagging this Mk2 one as being printed on poor quality recycled paper. Hence the print can run off the pages if it comes into contact with fluids, and the photo's lack detail due to the poor quality of paper. plus the MK1 manual had 400 pages where as the Mk2 only has 288

I must say I could have been tempted to buy one on the strength of the quality of the Volvo offering I purchased. But if Haynes think I'm buying crap they can go swivel :rolleyes: As a company it amazes me, it's spent years building a reputation only to destroy it in a misguided attempt to make more profit. When the reality is it will most likely result in less profit on the bottom line.

It's easier to build a good reputation from nothing, than it is to retrieve a good reputation gone bad ...............another pearl of wisdom, remember it and profit by it :ph34r:

I have that problem with my pc, when I reply to a post it shows a completely different time to when I check it later....

Right click > Desktop tool bar, bottom left on the displayed time.
On the displayed context menu left click > Adjust Time and Date
Then > Left click > Time Zone tab and scroll and select [GMT} Greenwich Mean Time: Dublin..... London
Tick the box > automatically adjust clock for daylight saving changes.
Then left click > Apply then OK tabs and that's the job done.

#23 catch

catch

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts
Posted 16 March 2011 - 10:56 AM

like the others said, I don't see a problem with half a cm over the full mark on the dip stick [as long as it does not increase over time] Some Volvo's and Mazda's suffered from fuel contamination of the sump oil which could lead to the car "Self Fuelling" and lubricant breakdown due to fuel contamination of same But that is not your problem, because from the lack of feed back on the linked to thread, Fords do not seem to have suffered from their sister company problems.

Just out of idle interest given that you said

Hi, Recently given a 2005 ford focus 1.6 tdci.

I was looking at the private buyer valuation for a 05 reg 1.6 TDCi LX 115k on the clock [not knowing the details of your motor]and it came in at £3,650.........who's been a lucky boy or girl then, if given was indeed the operative word :D

#24 jmurray01

jmurray01

Too much time on the boards

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • Name: Jamie
  • Ford Model: MK1 Ford Focus LX 1.8 in Midnight Blue
  • Year: 2000

Posted 16 March 2011 - 10:57 AM

I have a feeling this thread has gone somewhat off topic :lol:

And just as I said that it has gone back on topic! Oh me!

#25 catch

catch

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts
Posted 16 March 2011 - 11:01 AM

:D :D :D

#26 jmurray01

jmurray01

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 11:02 AM

So, keeping things on topic... It's a lovely sunny day today! :D

#27 catch

catch

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts
Posted 16 March 2011 - 11:08 AM

Oh no its not well from where I'm sitting :unsure:

But looking at Inverness we are warmer :D

#28 jmurray01

jmurray01

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 16 March 2011 - 11:09 AM

And you're sitting in Berlin ? :lol:

#29 catch

catch

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts
Posted 16 March 2011 - 11:24 AM

No I'm sitting in North Yorkshire, but I'm trading in Frankfurt Posted Image

#30 catch

catch

Ford Enthusiast

• True Ford Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts
Posted 16 March 2011 - 11:26 AM

No I'm sitting in North Yorkshire

Posted Image

but I'm trading in Frankfurt Posted Image

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users