Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dpf Question

modman

I have a 55 plate, 2.0 Focus TDCI. When I bought it 2nd hand I didn't have a clue about DPFs. Now I'm nearing 65,000 miles I'm beginning to realise that it could be a major issue for me; a little matter of £1000+ at its next service. However I'm not actually sure if my car is a DPF model or not. I've tried various car-checking websites but not all of them describe its title in full. In some places I've seen it called an [N-DPF]. Does this mean it has a DPF or does it stand for No DPF? How else might I find if my car has one as it could be the deciding factor regarding whether I try to sell in the next year or hold on to it?

sure fire way is to ring your local dealer, give them your vin and they will find out.

if your compentant with a spanner, you can take your cat of your exhaust and it is housed there. another way is look under the rear of the car, where the fuel tank is, is there a smaller tank? if so you have a dpf, if not, you may still have one.

from what i am told the 1.8tdci are the only range on the mk2 that does not have a DPF the rest such as 1.6 and 2.0 do.

Also depending on the year, some 2.0 dont have them as standard, around about our cars age, they were optional on the 2.0, so theres still no guarantee...

Heres hoping you dont have the Damned Particulate Filter!

Jeebowhite is right.... I have an 05 plate TDCI titanium and it does NOT have a DPF...for the 2005 MK2 Focus's the DPF was an optional £350 extra. It seems as though there is no easy way to tell if you have one or not (other than taking the CAT off etc etc)....when mine went in for its CAM belt change recently i asked the mechanics to check for me and tell me if it had one or not......thankfully it doesnt...which was a huge relief. So just cos you have a 55 plate 2.0TDCI doesnt necessarily mean you have DPF fitted

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club