Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ranger 2.5td 2001 mazda engine

tzar

hi, ranger 4x4 crewcab

112000ml turbo diesel, ford/mazda engine 2001 model, tapping in engine, had cam checked and tappets and checked gaps all ok. same noise as tappets same sort of area can't pinpoint, blue smoking, uneven idle, never had anything to do with these engines so would appreciate any ideas. thanks

did they check the valve guides as worn ones would cause the rattle and the blue smoke by letting oil bypass the seals and get burnt

did they check the valve guides as worn ones would cause the rattle and the blue smoke by letting oil bypass the seals and get burnt

thanks mintalkin i think the guides are ok but i'll look again, any other ideas before i take the head off.

thanks mintalkin i think the guides are ok but i'll look again, any other ideas before i take the head off.

hi mintalkin:

i have had some more suggestions on what the problem with this 2.5td engine noise could be and would appreciate your thoughts, (1) faulty injection pump, (2) sticking injector.

it could be any of what you say it was just that the blue smoke suggests oil being burnt but that may well not be connected to the tapping, without further investigation it hard to track down the problem.it could also be the lifts tapping due to lack of oil

• 3 weeks later...
hi, ranger 4x4 crewcab

112000ml turbo diesel, ford/mazda engine 2001 model, tapping in engine, had cam checked and tappets and checked gaps all ok. same noise as tappets same sort of area can't pinpoint, blue smoking, uneven idle, never had anything to do with these engines so would appreciate any ideas. thanks

If it helps you, and you have not already done the job, I have the full workshop manual, not some alternative publication, but the FULL factory manual. If you are interested you would need to send me a CD as it is far to large to download, there are OVER 900 pages., come back on here if you wish. it is no use on a download it has been tried many times and fails, except on a mega download site and I am not prepared to put it on there.

macboatmaster

• 3 months later...
hi, ranger 4x4 crewcab

112000ml turbo diesel, ford/mazda parts engine 2001 model, tapping in engine, had cam checked and tappets and checked gaps all ok. same noise as tappets same sort of area can't pinpoint, blue smoking, uneven idle, never had anything to do with these engines so would appreciate any ideas. thanks

I used to have this same problem before. I am confused where the smoke came from? Is it really the burnt oil?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club