Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avoid At All Cost (Bad Dealers Name And Shame)

caveman

I bought my ZS from Dees wimbledon, at first i thought they were great, how wrong was I, Made a phone call car was still there the one i liked was Vision blue they also had a black one same spec £300 more 3000 miles less 4 months younger it was in panther black that i saw when i arrived only differnce was the blue had 16" tittanium wheels and the black one had the 17" street pack wheels test drove both asked about prices, asked what i had seen them for, on the net seen the blue for 9K and the black one was marked up at £9300 told the black one was sold pending finance by a female. got £400 of the blue one, thought result.

went home looked on a couple of sites see the black one marked up at the same price as the blue one 9K thought odd as the salesman said £9300

any way paperwork completed due to pick up the car the next day. On arrival waited 1 1/2 hours between being spoken to initally and me spotting the black ZS being test drove, asked that salesman "is that for sale" said there is a male waiting for finance to be arranged,Hmmmm male was told female, half hour later the women that test drove it put a deposit down and bought it, what a cheek. complained and was told oh sorry sir things do change, what within half hour ere no dont think so. any way they offered me a set of 17" alloys and tyres or two services. took the wheels told two weeks took more like two months.

people please avoid Dees they lie through there teeth to get a sale. Im happy with the car but what a joke.

Lets name and shame so our fellow club members do not full foul.

i see your point, but dont all dealers tell "twisted truths" to get a sale?

ive seen a worse story where i guy was threatened with violance by a dealership...that was really bad.

im not nit picking or anything, if anything i support it, but if this thread turns into a "one way conversation" saying car dealers/garages and quoting the business names and locations...they have a legal right to take the owners of this website and the person who originated the claim etc to court for loss of business and the equivelant to slander. (cant remember the names)

its what i have read elsewhere, just informing...

i'd say keep the names rolling and help others...but as above beware.

don't shoot the messenger lol

I know what you mean, but this is no different than word of mouth. Which is how most business get business. It's ok if I praise them but wrong if I moan.

Not having ago at your direct reply more the fact that it word be heard in a court. This is just my experience which I'm sharing.

aii i know what you mean mate, its a wierd world haha its just what i heard and apparently true...just thought i'd give you the heads up lol

i have heard stories of dealers, with some off them i thought "jesus, how the hell do they keep themselves afloat" if i remember the name of the dealership - its in blyth (if spelt correctly) you will know what i mean haha. from that im in full support of naming and shaming to help others, if i could i would lol

By the very nature of the words, they can't do a great deal as long as what is said is true as both words are concerned with false and malicious statements. Slander, based mainly on speech and libel, based on the written word, so it's the latter that is pertinent to this subject.

What they could do is put pressure on the Forum owner's to remove said posts so therefore it would be down the forum owner to decide what route is taken after that. Both the owner or ISP and the person responsible for the statement would be the ones that action could be taken against if it was taken to a court of law. it's a big can of worms though.

As long as you're speaking the truth, you have nothing to worry about.

Really having trouble understand this one, I'm confused. :unsure:

You test drive two cars, a blue one and a black one. The salesman asks you what price you saw them up for and you replied £9k and £9.3k respectively. You were then told the black one wasn't for sale.

You go home, search the internet and find both cars advertised at £9k and think that's odd as the salesman said £9.3k for the black one.

No he didn't!!! You've just said that he asked you what YOU saw them advertised for, and it was YOU who said £9.3k - so what's your problem?

The rest of the story is rubbish to be honest. You agreed to purchase the blue car, that's it, end of story - what subsequently happens to the black car is not your concern. The tale the salesman gave you makes perfect sense - they could have sold it but the deal may have fallen thru, things like that happen all the time.

At the time of purchase did you say to the salesman that you'd rather have the black car than the blue one? Did you make it clear that if the deal fell thru on the Black car then you'd buy it?

If you did then that makes the story even more confusing. You just said you were willing to pay £9.3k for it, right? Well perhaps the person they eventually sold it to saw the same online price as you did second time round and purchased it for £9k? Now why would any garage sell a car for LESS than they could have got for it?

Sorry but can't understand your issue or why you believe this to be a bad dealership.

Sparticus are you a salesman by any chance <_<

I did write a rather lenghy reply but it did not save. so this is the short version.

Forget the sale of the blue Fez and I shall concentrate on the proplems with the Black Fez. I test drove it and asked about price I hade seen it on the forecourt only at that stage for £9300. I asked about haggling on the price. The salesman asked me how much I had seen it at. thought that was starnge but replied £9300. I was told that there would be no movement on price and that it was £9300 but that it was sold so this did not matter. Thought OK cant by a car that is sold bought by a woman apparently.

Completed the agreement to purchase the blue one. told to come back the next day yo collect car. Went home checked online saw the black one marked up £300 less hence why he asked me how much I had seen it at. I suppose fairplay they want to sell it for as much as they can get but that was cheeky for him to ask but thats sales. That is not my main gripe.

When I came to collect the car was left for ages on my own, the black car came driving in being test drove by a women I thought that must be the women who purchased it. but they sat down and were talking figures. The salesman that was dealing with this women walked past and I asked if it was sold he asked me to wait and he would come back to me. He came back said yeah it is a man that has bought it pending fincance. Strange I was told that it was sold to a woman. 20 mins to half hour later that woman put a deposit on the car.

I was furious as I explained to the salesman that I wanted it and if the sale DID fall through that I wanted the vehicle but was told its sold. when I complained to the sales manager (who I must say through all of this was fantastic) said that I cant purchase it as that lady has now put a deposit down. He said I could walk away but I fully understand I had a good deal so did not walk away from purchasing the blue one.

I understand I said I would buy the Blue one but that is because I was told the black Fez was sold, would you wait around seeing if the opportunity arose if the sale did fall through and then potentially lose another car your also interested in, I think not.

What this is, is tactical selling, They knew I was interested in the blue Fez which by the way was not getting as much attention as the black one as this was explained to me by the salesman. But if you could potentially sell both vehicles you would try thats the aim off the game. I dont blame them selling the cars but I do think that it is bad the way it was dealt with. They knew if they could stop me buying the black one I would by the blue.

Just a stroke of luck I suppose that the sale fell through, really. But hey lucky salesman there is a woman here and now wanting to buy it. I understand that sales do full through but its just the whole chain of events it seemed that once

..........................Continued............................................................................

Just a stroke of luck I suppose that the sale fell through, really. But hey lucky salesman there is a woman here and now wanting to buy it. I understand that sales do full through but its just the whole chain of events it seemed that thye stopped me purchasing it as they knew I was interested in the blue car and they could then sell both. I do wonder if I had not rang up showing interest in the blue but just turned up and said "mr salesman I will take your black fiesta zetec S for 9300 of your great british pounds" he would of likely replied "ok sir cash or cheque".

Dont get me wrong I love my car and am well pleased with it but think it is wrong to stop People buying there chosen purchase to boost sales Like I said Tactical selling that is what I think is bad. I would love to explain this better but its difficult over the internet but Im sure you would be happy for this to happen to you.

You said you test drove the car then say it was sold???? Also if you was dealing with a different salesman that the one who actually sold the black one maybe he got the s*x of the person wrong. He there to sell cars not stop you buying cars. If you wanted the black one and you was set on that car then its a easy sale so he would not tell you its sold. You got a mint deal as you say and the dealership looked after you with your misunderstanding that sounds like you misunderstood and you still complaining about tin dealershp saying you should name and shame them. Maybe you should be saying they looked after you on price and still gave you things and looked after you when you complained about things

What a story. It seems to me to have possibly been a break down in comunication at some point.

I do think the dealer has been very good to you to throw in better alloys as you complained. They didn't need to do that, so hats off to them for that.

Caveman, no I'm not a salesman, I'm just very confused why you think this is a bad dealership. As much as I hate negotiating with dealers (30years of experience buying from the buggers), I do realise they're not charity shops.

Bottom line is this - I cannot understand why you just didn't pay £9.3k for the black car. If you were happy with paying £9k for your car, £300 extra seems more than reasonable for the newer and better equipped one.

aii i know what you mean mate, its a wierd world haha its just what i heard and apparently true...just thought i'd give you the heads up lol

i have heard stories of dealers, with some off them i thought "jesus, how the hell do they keep themselves afloat" if i remember the name of the dealership - its in blyth (if spelt correctly) you will know what i mean haha. from that im in full support of naming and shaming to help others, if i could i would lol

If you mean the one near blyth where they keep cows in pens, it not a ford dealership anymore

not too sure, i seen a post on here that takes you to another forum where a guy went asked about a car and basically got threatened with violance....

Im completely confused by this... Usually my head spins & works in mysterious way, and i can interpret things vey easily. But i genuinely am confused...

The explanations i can think of about the "male" it was sold to:

1. The salesman got the s*x mixed up

2. The salesman got the car confused, there are alot.

3. The car was bought by a bloke, for his wife etc... therefore the female is having the car, but purchased by the bloke.

4. The dealer was a &#33;Removed&#33; to you (however, very unlikely due to the fact, they want a sale.)

If you really wanted the black car, they would have searched for one at another branch and got one for you, thats how every dealer me and my family have been too have done.

I think you've been very lucky to get a set of alloys, and in that light i dont think this in particular dealer should not be named and shamed.

I have found Ford dealerships quite good when it comes to sales. No problem there. It is the servicing that needs a shake up. Indifference to customers problems and treating you like an idiot. "Oh, the soundproofing on the bulkhead is supposed to be falling off like that - Sir" is an example !

I was more than happy with the sales manager he was great and was chuffed to get the wheels and I love the car.

Magneta - i have heard that aftersales is not that good with ford this is my first ford. I had an issue with the bluetooth module took it to my local dealer and they changed it that day they were spot on they are Bristol street motors, Bromley Kent. looked after me tea coffee etc will be taking it to them for service's etc.

The thing is, there are that many dealers, there are going to be some bad ones amongst them. Personally, I haven't had a problem with the one I use and they knocked £55 off a service when I said I could get it done for £130, no questions asked. but Ford aren't alone, I have used BMW dealer close to me and I would never use them again and you pay big money for their service.

Caveman - actually both dealers I mentioned are part of Bristol Street Group here in the Midlands. There are so many dealers in the BSM group that they are bound to vary around the country just like KeithC says, there are a large number of Ford dealers, good and bad. I have known worse though, with other makes. Vauxhall - mediochre,VW - poor, MG Rover (not around any more)- fair.

I'd be pleased to hear of any reports of good Ford Dealers in the Birmingham/South Midlands area.

I work for a dealership thats owned by vertu, same company that owns bristol street motors too. I would say that they are generally very good, they have a lot of ex reg vardy folk working there.

ryan - i wondered where that dealership went, there was one in my local town...drove past it and it has changed hands and a bristol street motors have took up shop opposite a peugeot, vauxhall and skoda dealership lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club