Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Deal Drivers

jmbrown91

Was browsing online and come across this website www.dealdrivers.co.uk

After looking at the site it seems as though they act as middle men between you and the dealers and they can get you £1000s off the retail price of the car you want..The prices they quote seem too good to be true IMO.

Has anyone used this site to purchase their car or had any dealings with this site?

And do people think this would be a legitimate route to go down to get my new car?

Thanks

hi, i had a dealing with website for forces, which claim to do the same thing.

they seemed genuine, in my personal experiance the deal went sour as i was originally looking for either and astra 1.6 sxi or a focus. hadnt quite made my mind up. anyways the website said they found the astra, described it to me and said they will sort the finance paperwork out and i paid a deposit of £350! i also had to go down to lincoln to look at it, sign the paperwork and drive away.

now in the meantime a local dealer (henson motor group) rang and said they can give me a car from their forcourt of any value up to 8k with the same finance company. i explained i already had a car on order etc etc...they come back saying these type of websites always say you got to go and collect it, and it could be miles away and it turns out the car is a heap! so i went along to see what they could offer me...cutting a long story short i got a focus from this dealer, cancled the order with the website who claimed the dealer (seat in north london) may proceed with court action for loss of earnings, i laughed and come back with the ace of spades "i have signed no binding contract".

so my advice would be, yeah look at it, see what they say, if they are miles away from home, look for closer. you will be better off dealing local.

After looking at the site it seems as though they act as middle men between you and the dealers and they can get you £1000s off the retail price of the car you want..The prices they quote seem too good to be true IMO.

Has anyone used this site to purchase their car or had any dealings with this site?

And do people think this would be a legitimate route to go down to get my new car?

Thanks

Purchased several Fords via dealdrivers.co.uk, 100% legit.

The price you see is the price you pay, dealdrivers just take your personal details and past them on to a genuine Ford dealer.

You pay your deposit to the Ford dealer by card or if your nearer enough you can pop in and see them.

You've nothing to lose by making an enquiry, dealdriver staff are really helpfull and friendly.

The price you see is the price you pay, dealdrivers just take your personal details and past them on to a genuine Ford dealer.

You pay your deposit to the Ford dealer by card or if your nearer enough you can pop in and see them.

You've nothing to lose by making an enquiry, dealdriver staff are really helpfull and friendly.

Agree with igglepiggle, have used them before to purchase a Ford, they got the dealer to ring me and all money was between me and the dealer, the dealer was in the midlands and i am on the south coast, they delivered the vehicle on a trailer, no problems at all, would use again......

now in the meantime a local dealer (henson motor group) rang and said they can give me a car from their forcourt of any value up to 8k with the same finance company. i explained i already had a car on order etc etc...they come back saying these type of websites always say you got to go and collect it, and it could be miles away and it turns out the car is a heap! so i went along to see what they could offer me...cutting a long story short i got a focus from this dealer, cancled the order with the website who claimed the dealer (seat in north london) may proceed with court action for loss of earnings, i laughed and come back with the ace of spades "i have signed no binding contract".

so my advice would be, yeah look at it, see what they say, if they are miles away from home, look for closer. you will be better off dealing local.

Obviously your local dealer is going to tell you porkies to get you to buy a car off his forecourt and you got sucked in by his bullsh1t!

Hows a brand new car going to be a heap? You get what you ordered!

I've Been to my local ford dealer and he sits there huffing and puffing trying to match dealdrivers prices, can't be arsed with that crap!

Sooner travel the 100+ miles to a ford dealer that is happy to do the deal and save me thousands!

Thanks for your reply John,

That is what made me feel a bit iffy about these sort of sites, that they could lead you on with some rubbish..

Thanks igglepiggle,

I have just sent an enquiry form to them and see what they come back with..going by the prices on the site it would only save me an extra £120 but still worth checking out

Thanks for your reply John,

That is what made me feel a bit iffy about these sort of sites, that they could lead you on with some rubbish..

Thanks igglepiggle,

I have just sent an enquiry form to them and see what they come back with..going by the prices on the site it would only save me an extra £120 but still worth checking out

Have a look at drivethedeal.com as well...

I used Dealdrivers 2 years ago and saved almost £3000 on the price of the car. I paid £11,055 with 12 months tax and this was around the time when the new Fiesta was in huge demand.

The car was delivered to my door and I would definately use them again.

I also know a lad who works in one of my local Fords as a salesman and he say they can't (at the time) get anywhere near Dealdriver's prices.

Also, if you do a search on here, you'll find a thread or two concerning (around March 2009) Dealdrivers where a rep signed up for the forum to correct misgivings some members had.

Totally legit and a pleasure to deal with. Add to that you can save a bucketful of money.

Doesn't matter where the dealer is you buy the car from, you can still use your local dealer for Warranty and servicing.

thanks igglepiggle, but to further that thread i didnt order a brand new car more specifically a used car...so you see why the they say it "could" be a heap. even with new cars, you dont know what it will look like until you get there, if you travel, say by train for 4 hours (in my case it would be) to a location to look at a car, find you dont like it or its a "heap" your going to have to find your way back home after losing money...thats one reason i decided to go local. go ahead, travel that far, if you have the cash and time to waste.

i couldnt fault my local dealer, it wasnt the typical salesman, but rather the finance manager that dealt with me. he gave me a finance deal that no other dealer would be prepared to do and give loads of discount, even the website couldnt match it! i checked the car through and i know what im looking for, i even got underneath and started banging, rocking the hell out of things testing for any "bodge" jobs.

in the end of the day i would say go for it, but look in the local area, like me you may find a dealer who will be willing to do a better deal and will look after you as your local.

Thanks for your replies..

Just waiting for them to get back to now regarding prices and availability.

I currently have a price of £14,585 for a Titanium 1.6 TDCI 3Dr with Full Dress Up, Keyless and City Pack which is still a good £2000 off the list price - got this through a family member being an engineer at fords so itll be interesting to see if this website can beat it..

Thanks for your replies..

Just waiting for them to get back to now regarding prices and availability.

I currently have a price of £14,585 for a Titanium 1.6 TDCI 3Dr with Full Dress Up, Keyless and City Pack which is still a good £2000 off the list price - got this through a family member being an engineer at fords so itll be interesting to see if this website can beat it..

For a non metallic colour, according to their website, it should be £14,444 with 12 months tax.

I just did a quote on that drive the deal site

for the spec above with metallic paint leather pack and the spare wheel as well as all above and it came in £14,429..

Not bad

Thanks

You have got to check out Drive the Deal, nobody could match the price they wanted when I brought my Fiesta through them in Oct. last year.

Did all of you who got their cars through either of these sites get them on finance? or did you buy them outright?

My only concern is after looking at the financing it looks as though the APR is a a few % more than normal =/ unless the financing quote is just a guide.

i personally got mine on finance at 5% flat rate for 4 years...but that was at dealership, as mentioned above.

Did all of you who got their cars through either of these sites get them on finance? or did you buy them outright?

My only concern is after looking at the financing it looks as though the APR is a a few % more than normal =/ unless the financing quote is just a guide.

Bought mine outright via Dealdrivers (they are only the middle man and you pay them no money) but because you actually deal with a Ford dealer (in the case of the Fiesta), you get all the same facilities and finance rates as you do at any other dealer, such as Ford Options, Cashplan and Aquire. The only service they didn't offer at the time is part exchange.

Not a clue about the others as I haven't dealt with them.

+1 for dealdrivers.

Bought mine through their site, process was very easily done via email. You don't actually pay them any money as they put you in touch with an official dealer for whichever make you go for. You may have to travel to collect the car though. I had to drive 60 miles to Chesterfield to pick mine up (this was OK for me as I got mine with the scrappage deal which meant I was able to leave my old car with them).

My local Ford dealer wasn't willing or able to match their price for the spec I wanted.

As previously mentioned, you are able to go to your local dealer for any warranty work & servicing.

Brought mine outright, never went near the dealer all done on the phone and email, they delivered it the process went very smooth. Will do it again with them if I get another new car.

Reckon I need to consider this as an option then from what everyone has said about it.

Thanks for your replies

+1 for dealdrivers.

Bought mine through their site, process was very easily done via email. You don't actually pay them any money as they put you in touch with an official dealer for whichever make you go for. You may have to travel to collect the car though. I had to drive 60 miles to Chesterfield to pick mine up (this was OK for me as I got mine with the scrappage deal which meant I was able to leave my old car with them).

My local Ford dealer wasn't willing or able to match their price for the spec I wanted.

As previously mentioned, you are able to go to your local dealer for any warranty work & servicing.

Similar experience here - excellent deal, via a Chesterfield dealer and scrappage trade-in (except it was a 400 mile round trip from the south coast - which made a nice day out!)

I got a finance package only to get the £500 (or whatever) rebate, and paid it off within a couple of weeks.

Local dealer would only give me an ex-demo car for the price from dealdrivers.

Similar experience here - excellent deal, via a Chesterfield dealer and scrappage trade-in (except it was a 400 mile round trip from the south coast - which made a nice day out!)

I got a finance package only to get the £500 (or whatever) rebate, and paid it off within a couple of weeks.

Local dealer would only give me an ex-demo car for the price from dealdrivers.

Hi, was also looking at the £500 finance deal, when you paid it off early did they charge you extra for paying it early, if so was it still woth it.....cheers

Same story as above - purchased my Fez through dealdrivers this time last year. Dealiership in Chesterfield called me to take payment for deposit and I dealt with them the rest of the time. Completely legit and I'd be happy to deal with them again when I next buy a car :)

Positive Feedback all round then!

I just spoke to them and because I won't be getting the car before the end of March they told me they were going to ring me once next quarters pricing is available so I get an up to date price and see what the new deals are.