• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jacko5

Jacko5

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford fiesta zetec s 56 reg

Posted 20 March 2011 - 03:26 PM

Hi just wondered if putting redex into my ford fiesta zetec s 56 reg would do more harm than good as I have read mixed reviews on the Internet. And if you should put it in before or after filling up, also would it produce a lot of smoke while driving and if so how long for

Thanks

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 kabz77

kabz77

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Mk7 1.6 Titanium

Posted 20 March 2011 - 09:02 PM

I own a 2009 Fiesta and I would also be interested to find out if Redex fuel injector cleaner will be harmful to my car. I use to use the Redex stuff in my mk4 1998 Fiesta and it was brilliant!

#3 btmaldon

btmaldon

Ford Enthusiast

• FOC Supporters
  • 2,472 posts
  • Name: Bruce
  • Ford Model: BMW 320i Coupe M Sport
  • Year: 2008

Posted 22 March 2011 - 12:56 PM

It will not do any harm and it is very unlikely to cause it to smoke, especially as your car has a catalitic converter. In the old days, when cars had carburettors, you used to poor the Redex directly into the chamber while it was running. That used to make them smoke big time, but boy, did it clean your pistons.

The amount you put into the tank, is insignificant when compared to the amount of fuel you have in there.

Best to put it in before you fill up, only to help it mix better with the fuel.

#4 johnH

johnH

Ford Enthusiast

• 1,091 posts
  • Name: John
  • Ford Model: Focus mk2 Zetec 1.8 TDCI (Climate)
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 22 March 2011 - 08:11 PM

it all depends on the fuel you use, to see if it has an effect or not. if you use supermarket fuel then you will see the benefit after using it a few times. fuel from the big names such as shell or bp already has additives which help keep the engine clean...especially the shell v-power equivs.

but saying all that i have been told millers is better than redex.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users