Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Side mirrors(Fixable)

88john63

Hiello 2 1+all,

Well,i just registered 5 minutes ago and i already asking for help, :rolleyes: ,anyhow, my new(new to me anyway) fiesta, the wing mirrows on both sides dont move when i toggle the little joystick thing inside, i have tried gently to push it, pull it twist and all that, I have the mirrors in place now, but would prefer to be able to fix them, i chekced out prices for new ones and would prefer not to spend that at this side of xmas thanks very much, or anytime at that matter,from the outside they look fine, the mirror glass itself ain't loose at all, i have found nothing on the net about this exact subject, its mainly about replacing the whole thing or replacing hte glass, which i dont need, I was hoping to find the time today to take on out and see if i can see the problem but a got caight up bringing my ma shopping and then daylight was gone.

basically, if anyone has ever had the same type of problem, or any ideas, or can even point me in the direction of a website that covers this sorta thing i would be greatly appreciative,

thanks fo taking the time to read this(thats if you didn't get bored and give up halfway :lol:

see if your local libary has a haynes that you could borrow.

see if your local libary has a haynes that you could borrow.

Sometimes the mirror adjustor is connected to the rear fixing on the mirror in a ball joint, it could be that the ball joint has worked itself loose or the actual adjusting lever, has broken inside the housing. In which case, you'll need a new mirror probably as i can't see anyone selling the 'inner workings'. Maybe try a scrappy for a replacement mirror complete?

• 2 weeks later...
Hiello 2 1+all,

Well,i just registered 5 minutes ago and i already asking for help, :rolleyes: ,anyhow, my new(new to me anyway) fiesta, the wing mirrows on both sides dont move when i toggle the little joystick thing inside, i have tried gently to push it, pull it twist and all that, I have the mirrors in place now, but would prefer to be able to fix them, i chekced out prices for new ones and would prefer not to spend that at this side of xmas thanks very much, or anytime at that matter,from the outside they look fine, the mirror glass itself ain't loose at all, i have found nothing on the net about this exact subject, its mainly about replacing the whole thing or replacing hte glass, which i dont need, I was hoping to find the time today to take on out and see if i can see the problem but a got caight up bringing my ma shopping and then daylight was gone.

basically, if anyone has ever had the same type of problem, or any ideas, or can even point me in the direction of a website that covers this sorta thing i would be greatly appreciative,

thanks fo taking the time to read this(thats if you didn't get bored and give up halfway :lol:

Sorry about that, mods new to this. Just wanted to add I had a similar problem and ended up trying my local motor factor that was a reasonable £23 for a wing mirror as opposed to over £60 from Fords. The patern parts seem fine. Gave up with breakers after running about and wrecking a tyre in the process. Hope this helps.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club