Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wiper Adjustment

focusdriver

My 55 focus tdci took a bit of a knock by a passing lorry, it's been repaired now but somehow the wipers have been affected. When I put the wipers on the driver side wiper goes too far at it's furthest point and goes over the edge on the window frame by about 1 cm.

This makes a noise when travelling on the motorway and I'm sure will also damage the blade over time.

Any one got any advice on how to fix this?

I could go back to the repairing garage but it's a bit out of my way and would mean booking time off work.

Thanks

;)

True but if its part of the insurance claim it should be fixed gratis! has the passenger wiper been affected at all?

Also does the passenger wiper sit flat at the bottom?

The passenger wiper isn't affected, both wipers sit flat at the bottom.

Very strange, I dont see how the motor could have been affected by it but then again it must have done. May be worth replacing the motor?

If the wiper blade sits flat at the bottom of the windscreen but wipes "off" the screen then perhaps the wiper blade is too long. Measure your blade and compare it to that on another focus.

Thanks for the advice. I went back to the garage who repaired the original damage. They adjusted them - lowered them both about an inch - now working fine.

:D

your wipers should be different sizes any way is one longer than the other

Thanks for the advice. I went back to the garage who repaired the original damage. They adjusted them - lowered them both about an inch - now working fine.

:D

Im a little lost FD, when you say they "Lowered them about an inch" - did they adjust the motor / motor arm and lower it down further into the engine bay?

Also what was the final beating on the wallet?

It took the garage 10 mins to fix - I didn't see exactly what the guy did. I think he adjusted the arm.

The cost was £0 as they should have done it properly in the first place.

It took the garage 10 mins to fix - I didn't see exactly what the guy did. I think he adjusted the arm.

The cost was £0 as they should have done it properly in the first place.

Good Stuff! My local Ford had the cheak to try and charge me for reseating a seal after an accident... A brief word with him telling him my insurance had paid out over £2000 for the claim not only 3 weeks ago swiftly changed his opinion...